Frustrating but simple problem

/ Frustrating but simple problem
As for the WD-40 cans, consider repressurizing them by forcing air into them with an air compressor. Be careful and wear eye protection.
I've begun doing this with cans of WD-40 and other chemicals. I use a valve from a tire. When I buy wheel weights for casting bullets the can of wheel weights usually has at least one tire valve. Five seconds at 50 pounds pressure usually does the trick. I wear gloves and a face shield. It just feels better to get the last drop of value. The White House says this inflation is just transitional and that it's not all that bad, but I can imagine a large can of WD-40 costing $15 soon.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #22  
It's a 1/4 NPT male fitting that screws into the fitment on the hydraulic cylinder. That male fitting takes a 9/16 wrench or socket. Both of these Yanmar implements, the backhoe and the front-end loader are SAE. The tractor itself is metric. The manuals that are for the implements are written by people who normally speak English whereas the manuals that are for the tractor, while in English, were written by someone who does not use English every day. My Bobcat skid steer is SAE, but the engine is a Kubota and is metric.
You are in good company. I recently adapted some new to me implements to my tractor. The originals were a combination of metric, bspp, and a weird high pressure JIC like taper o-ring, but with a steeper angle that I needed to get back to NPT. I spent hours measuring threads, diameters, and tapers in utter confusion before finding a complete hydraulic fitting booklet at discount hydraulic hose.

I learned a lot. I only bought one fitting that turned out to be wrong.

All the best,

Peter

/ Frustrating but simple problem
I bought the hoses at discount hose, as recommended here, and am very pleased with every aspect of the transaction.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #24  
Despite being one of the cheapest chemicals at industrial scale...
Don't buy Acetone at Ace Hardware. The little 8oz bottle is at $12.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #25  
Choose your containers for acetone wisely. That stuff will soften many plastics.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #26  
I didn't see a pic of the offending fitting but if you can get an "anvil" on one SIDE of the fitting and apply blows to the exact opposite side, against the anvil, the external threads will expand and the fitting will get loose.
The anvil can be a foot or so of 1" shaft, and may need someone to hold it tight to the side of the male part.
The hammer can consist of another chunk of shaft or a large punch, and struck smartly with a BFH. Don't be afraid to hit it several dozen times, always against the anvil. Rotate around the fitting as space allows, but always position the anvil opposite of the hammer blows.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #27  
I was thinking about drilling holes in the cans, emptying them into spritz bottles. (Spritz bottle idea from 5030)
I actually have a gallon of WD (that I'm slowly using up, I do use it mostly on electrical connections that have gotten wet and my firearm actions) and it's always via a 'spritz bottle' which you can buy in quantity at the dollar store. You can get PBlaster in galloons as well I might add but acetone and Dexron (red) ATF works better, though you do have to shake it up prior to spritzing in on a corroded part. Works pretty quick too, usually 5 minutes.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #28  
Choose your containers for acetone wisely. That stuff will soften many plastics.
Never had an issue with the dollar store spritz bottles yet, have ni idea of the composition but they work as intended.