FT 60 stopped running. Need help troubleshooting

/ FT 60 stopped running. Need help troubleshooting
Just take off the side cover, behind the hand primer.. to access the springs & plunger.
That way you can SEE what its doing..
The screw is METRIC.. probably a 10mm or an Allan screw, 4 or 5mm.
If the plunger is stuck up.. its possible to "knock" it down.. just use finesse.

Will try that. Thank you.

Hooray...running good now!

Just take off the side cover, behind the hand primer.. to access the springs & plunger.
That way you can SEE what its doing..
The screw is METRIC.. probably a 10mm or an Allan screw, 4 or 5mm.
If the plunger is stuck up.. its possible to "knock" it down.. just use finesse.

I followed the directions above. I Removed the hand primer. It simply unscrews out using a 19mm wrench. That gives access to the two retaining bolts that hold the cover on. I used a 4mm allan wrench on the cover. Each bolt has a o ring. The cover comes off easily. There is a large rubber seal behind the cover. On my tractor the only springs are visible. The plunger seems to be encased in the pump body on the left hand side. I immediately saw that the springs did not seem right. At least one seemed to be stuck between up and down. I sprayed the springs with breakfree...that's right the gun lubricant. I took a piece of thick copper rod and tapped the springs, and the Fuel Injection Pump body in the area where the plunger is located. I loosened the lines at the injectors (17mm wrench) and then I spun the engine with the starter several times until each injector was wet at the top with diesel fuel. I cranked the engine and it started. I shut it off and drained the ATF/Acetone. I put everything in place, filled the governor body with engine oil, and bled the lines again (I had to loosen fuel lines to put everything back in place). It started again.

Special thanks to TPG for holding my hand through this orphan tractor episode.

/ FT 60 stopped running. Need help troubleshooting #23  
ALRIGHT.!!! I love to hear success stories..
A "thanks" is nice but a 50 would be nicer.LOL ;)

ALRIGHT.!!! I love to hear success stories..
A "thanks" is nice but a 50 would be nicer.LOL ;)

One last question. I put engine oil in the FIP. It is working great. I put about a half quart in the pump. I did not open the "full" level drain...haven't found it yet. Question. Any danger of blowing up pump if over filled? The pump dumped some oil overboard via the vent tube but that has now stopped.

/ FT 60 stopped running. Need help troubleshooting #25  
No worries about blowing up.. that's what the vent IS FOR.. The oil will seek its own level..
It takes awhile/minutes for the oil to reach "the pump".. 1/2 qt, let it sit 5-10 minutes, run it at idle, let it 5-10 minutes, look for the plug on the back/side, almost at the bottom of the governor..
There are 3 screws on the gov.. top is idle & middle is idle surge.. bottom is max fuel.. between max fuel & surge, should be a 12mm screw plug??
SOME have it & some don't.. IF you don't, don't worry about it.. the vent will take care of the rest..
Happy tractoring..!!!! TPG

Thanks again!

Tractor has done about 50 engine hours of hard work with the tractor since Florence hit. Hauling logs and brush. Tractor is still humming along. Changed the engine oil yesterday. Will drain and refill the fuel pump in the near term and replace the second fuel filter.

Attachments

• 2018-09-21 15.01.44.jpg
    2018-09-21 15.01.44.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 220
  • 2018-09-21 15.01.23.jpg
    2018-09-21 15.01.23.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 232
  • 2018-09-21 15.00.40-1.jpg
    2018-09-21 15.00.40-1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 247
   / FT 60 stopped running. Need help troubleshooting #28  
Good Deal.!!! Hope u didn't get hit to hard.. all I got was wind & some blown off shingles.
still waitin on that 50. Lol

Just had roof replaced on main house and a rental. Now on to interior damage repair. Glad you fared well. Sent PM. And the Farmtrac keeps chugging along.

/ FT 60 stopped running. Need help troubleshooting #30  
Just to resurrect an old thread and add a SPECIAL THANK YOU to Surburan600..
...its nice to be appreciated & makes my time here worthwhile.
His "gift" was well received..
Happy Tractoring.. TPG