Fuel Cap with Gauge

/ Fuel Cap with Gauge #1  

mez6266

Tractor
Iseki TS1610F 4WD
I can't see the side tube to know when i am low on fuel (TS1610).
I was thinking i could replace the Gas Cap with one of those Gas Caps you see on lawn mowers.
How do you guys monitor your fuel level?
1631987879433.png

/ Fuel Cap with Gauge #2  
I monitor my fuel with a stick stuck somewhere on the machine somehow some way. Tractor didn't have a fuel level gauge since 1980. I hope my stick holds up.

/ Fuel Cap with Gauge #3  
AODItek sells these electric sending units from 4”-20” depth measuring for boats. Sorry I couldn’t send a link, only a screen shot.

Attachments

• 62EC4528-C1B9-4643-8D97-3A4F26016EA7.png
    62EC4528-C1B9-4643-8D97-3A4F26016EA7.png
    685.4 KB · Views: 102
   / Fuel Cap with Gauge #4  
I monitor my fuel with a stick stuck somewhere on the machine somehow some way. Tractor didn't have a fuel level gauge since 1980. I hope my stick holds up.
Yep! KISS stick as I have made for my transmission oil.
When I did that 500 (or was it 100- hr change) I cut me a stick and filed a notch for full.

/ Fuel Cap with Gauge #5  
I can't see the side tube to know when i am low on fuel (TS1610).
I was thinking i could replace the Gas Cap with one of those Gas Caps you see on lawn mowers.
How do you guys monitor your fuel level?View attachment 713832
My fuel tank on my machine is plastic, so I can see the level.

At my employer, I have to PM a generator monthly. It never had a fuel gauge. I convinced them to purchase a cap like you have shown there. They are simple and they work. (y)

What I'd really like to have is a reserve valve, like on a motorcycle. That way if I run out of fuel, I can flip to the reserve setting and drive back to the barn.... or just keep going and run out in the field anyway. 🤣

/ Fuel Cap with Gauge #7  
I was taught, and stick to, the practice of fueling at the end of the work day.
I generally don't because the engine is hot, the oil's hot, I'm hot, and I'm done. But it is a good practice so you can start out the next day right away, if you have the time to do it at the end of the day.