Fuel filter bowl with drain

/ Fuel filter bowl with drain #11  
I think you might look at the Racor 120A.
Racor at Zorro

It is available with 2, 10, and 20 micron filters. Flow rate I think is 15 gallon per hour. I read an article that suggested 10 micron filters. I would call Racor and discuss it with them. The 120A is supposed to be used on the vacuum side of the pump, making it good for right after the tractor tank. I also saw a thread where one was installed on a Kubota B Series (I think) tractor.

I think the racor is the best way to insure there is no water in your fuel just before it it is used.

I have an L4701. The water separator is not much comfort. I have been wanting to see about installing Racor on my tractor also.

/ Fuel filter bowl with drain #12  
Thanks for that info. I didn't know that about that about the adaptability. I laugh at the fact that they have the reputation as a marine filter, but they are very good.
Marine diesels always have a water issue so it's imperative they have a polishing unit between the fuel tanks and the engines. Even on Amazon and elsewhere they call them out as a marine accessory.

The new Kubota tractors that are T4 with common rail HP, ECM controlled injection are coming through with polishing units from the factory now. Though I have not seen one personally, I'll bet the base will accept a genuine Racor Aqua Block filter as all the bases have the same mounting threads and sealing boss diameter.

You can actually purchase a genuine Racor water block spin on filter element with a 5 micron pass rate but I believe that is a bit overkill. The OEM Kubota spin on fuel filters have an 80 micron pass rate, so 30 should be just peachy. 30 is kind of the standard because the lower the pass rate, the lower the overall GPM throughput is not that tractors need gallons per minute throughput in the first place.

/ Fuel filter bowl with drain #13  
If you open the bowl, won't you likely need to bleed the injectors?

I suppose there could be a design that let the water out but no air in, but it might be finicky.
When you open the bowl drain you close it before any air gets sucked in. real simple but takes some attention on your part. I drain mine with the engine off and then start it and allow the lift pump to pull the fuel into the unit. Over the last year, I think I drained it maybe twice. The bowls hold a fair amount.

/ Fuel filter bowl with drain #14  
I think you might look at the Racor 120A.
Racor at Zorro

It is available with 2, 10, and 20 micron filters. Flow rate I think is 15 gallon per hour. I read an article that suggested 10 micron filters. I would call Racor and discuss it with them. The 120A is supposed to be used on the vacuum side of the pump, making it good for right after the tractor tank. I also saw a thread where one was installed on a Kubota B Series (I think) tractor.

I think the racor is the best way to insure there is no water in your fuel just before it it is used.

I have an L4701. The water separator is not much comfort. I have been wanting to see about installing Racor on my tractor also.
Again, why purchase the genuine Racor filter base for big bucks when the offshore filter base costs about 1/10th of the Racor base and is exactly the same. Not only water but any debris that might be in the fuel. It gets everything and the debris is also dropped into the bowl for removal.

The flow rate drops as the micron pass rate drops as well and like I said, 30 is fine compared to the 80 micron pass rate the OEM Kubota filter is rated at.

Far as I'm concerned they would be a good addition to any tractor, not just Kubota and I did a thread in the Kubota sub forums

/ Fuel filter bowl with drain #15  
I do renew my spin on Racor filter every year as a maintenance item. The clear bowl is removable and reusable, the only thing you might want to replace is the sealing 'o' ring but so far I have not.