Fuel prices around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fuel prices around the world. #341  
I don't much care if it goes to 4 bucks or 5 bucks a gallon, I just roll the cost into what I sell my product for. Over in Europe they pay a lot more than we do and have for years.
and they have better roads and safer bridges too.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #342  
I have been able to successfully raise most of my contract mowing and snowplowing contracts to recoup most of the current 50-60% increases in fuel and parts. However, fuel inflation and interest rates are on their way up again. It’s a difficult situation.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #343  
MILES! Our Rabbit diesel only got 53 miles
per gallon. My 03 Dodge 2500 diesel driving
55 will get me between 25 to 30 miles per gallon.
Can't see buying a new pickup and have to add
DEF and get 14 to 16 miles per gallon! My old
73 Dodge 318 4 speed 4:11 rear gears 18 miles
per gallon running 75 to 80 miles per hour. I can't
understand why put all the pollution crap on a
vehicle which makes the vehicle burn more gas and
puts out twice as deadly fumes without the crap.
It costs the taxpayer a lot of money for the crap and
the added expense of burning more gas!

willy
and here i thought I had the best MPG with a 2003 Cummins powered RAM.
with a best full tank to empty hand calculated average of 24.4 MPG

If I trusted the overhead LIE O Meter I would have reported 28 MPG.

You may have managed it. If so Very Impressive MPG
My truck is a Quad Cab 3500 4x4 6 speed Manual, H.O. Cummins

/ Fuel prices around the world. #344  
The ONLY time my diesel 1 ton truck leaves the garage is when it's out on farm business and the mileage and fuel and upkeep is a tax write off. Pleasure driving is always in our roller skate that gets 40 mpg.

Same applies to the class 8 diesel tractor trailer in the barn. It only comes out to haul grain to the elevator but then you don't drive a tractor trailer to church anyway. My 3406 NZ gets about 6mpg loaded.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #345  
The ONLY time my diesel 1 ton truck leaves the garage is when it's out on farm business and the mileage and fuel and upkeep is a tax write off. Pleasure driving is always in our roller skate that gets 40 mpg.

Same applies to the class 8 diesel tractor trailer in the barn. It only comes out to haul grain to the elevator but then you don't drive a tractor trailer to church anyway. My 3406 NZ gets about 6mpg loaded.
I hear you . but until we get a commuter car of some sort the RAM averages at least 5 MPG better than anything else for a trip to more distance towns. Don't mind having the extra steel around for safety either with some of these texting inattentive drivers on the roads.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #346  
I hear you . but until we get a commuter car of some sort the RAM averages at least 5 MPG better than anything else for a trip to more distance towns. Don't mind having the extra steel around for safety either with some of these texting inattentive drivers on the roads.
Understandable. I always drive very defensively with the roller skate (Ford Focus). Like riding in a tinfoil go kart. It is comfortable for a small car however and it has a 5 speed so I can play hot rod on the on ramps.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #347  
Here Diesel was $3.79
reg gas $2.95 H.E.B

willy

/ Fuel prices around the world. #348  
   / Fuel prices around the world. #349  
Diesel $3.49
Reg gas $2.99

willy

/ Fuel prices around the world. #350  
Diesel now 4.29/G in the once great state of Pennsylvania. $3.79 in DE.
Wondering if I should take out a student loan for one of my kids college tuition? Better chance I have enough cash to get through this horribly expensive period.
Now with war heaped on top 10% or more inflation, it’s going to get worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.