Fuel station - nozzle dusty

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #11  
Cant you just throw a rag over the end?

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty
The holster for the nozzle is made of narrow, metal channel… open at the bottom… there are holes in the channel to place a long shackle lock (grandkids)… which limits the amount of space available to place any protective cover over the nozzle…

A large part of the problem is the wind here… it blows our fine dust deep into anything and everything… something which is not secured somehow will eventually get dislodged or blown away…

taking from some of the ideas presented here… I had an Ah-HA moment over the weekend… I need to repair a cut garden hose… I removed an extra 8” from the repaired hose, folded over one end (to keep the dust at bay, and was able to fit it over the open end of the nozzle… it’s a TIGHT fit… both on the nozzle and just enough room between the nozzle and the holster…

It‘s probably not ideal (takes quite a bit of finagling to get it secured) but it’ll work for now… I hope…

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #13  
Use caution when placing a protector plug inside the nozzle. It's very easy to forget it's there and can wind up in your fuel tank.

Good point… hadn’t really thought about that…

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #15  
Snicker all you want, however, these would work just fine.

6C7093BF-C008-41CD-ABE5-74D3061AF49A.jpeg

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #16  
Forgot to mention to tether the plug so that you don't lose it in the tank. Also you won't forget to replace when done fueling.

I like the idea of a stopper on a tether… out of the way when fueling… easy to wipe the nozzle with a rag… “difficult” to forget when done…

Ill find one at the local ACE… along with an eyelet to screw into the large end…

/ Fuel station - nozzle dusty #18  
I printed up some covers out of TPU filament for the intake & nozzle on mine, mainly to keep bugs out.

PXL_20220427_225742202B.jpg