Fuel tank cracked Cabela's LH25H

/ Fuel tank cracked Cabela's LH25H
Yeah, I hope it is isolated issue. I don't know if the Mahindra model has same tank, I'd bet it does. I would rather replace rather than repair the tractor has parts from mid 2014, with final build early 2015. So age sure isn't issue. I expect it was due to improper sonic weld of the nuts in the assembly. Ill keep you guys apprised and yes if I dont hear from TYM Soo, I'll holler at Cabela's.

Quick update. Email to TYM corporate has not been responded to, been almost two weeks. Emailed Cabelas corp CS and they told be to contact my local Cabelas. So I did, Their CS rep passed me on the the Service Dept which only handles their boats now. No tractor service. The guy did check and they can't get the fuel tank. Guess there are some parts still available somewhere in Cabelas system. He then sent me to my next closest TYM dealer, about 65 miles away. Nice service tech didn't know anything, but contacted TYM. They sent her email which I hope to have in hand today that stated that TYM will do NO warranty work on Cabela's branded tractors. The Tech was pretty upset, she though they should, but I have no illusions as to TYM paying for anything. They sold Cabelas the tractor to resell and service. But it looks like they won't do ANYTHING to help. So I'm going back to Cabelas corporate to do some more talking. Kind of expecting this. Not truly upset yet, I'll see what Cabelas will do.

If anyone else has had warranty work done on Cabela's branded tractor, please chime in!
Thanks

Well, called back to local Cabela's, manager on call took info, Service called me back and said, yes they could order parts, the info he had and gave me was wrong. OK, so I gave them the TYM number which is same as Cabela's BTW, and he would place order for tank and brake light switch that is damaged also (I think from the diesel). Will be 2-4 months....... unless I wanted to pay for the expedited shipment, which is probably from China. Nope, just order. I'll repair my tank and wait.......
So, I'm curious where they are ordering parts from. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll hold off on any bashing for now.

/ Fuel tank cracked Cabela's LH25H #14  
Bummer about your tractor, Handloader. I'd probably do the fix that countrybumpkin suggested since it would concern me that the new tank would fall victim to the same issue as the old one. At least then the fix should be permanent. Hopefully your savings at the purchase are enough to compensate for this hassle. 2-4 month delivery promise would equate to 'never' in my book. Good luck.

/ Fuel tank cracked Cabela's LH25H #15  
Bummer about your tractor, Handloader. I'd probably do the fix that countrybumpkin suggested since it would concern me that the new tank would fall victim to the same issue as the old one. At least then the fix should be permanent. Hopefully your savings at the purchase are enough to compensate for this hassle. 2-4 month delivery promise would equate to 'never' in my book. Good luck.

I think he is the first with this problem that I have heard of. TYM sells a lot of these as does Mahindra (E-Max 25). So most likely this was a rare problem or his is the first of many to come. Only time will tell.

I hope it was a one off. Hoping the ultrasonic welder just wasn't working on just this one. At any rate, it has enough meat in the perimeter that I was able to make a couple of thick gaskets and used metal screws to go into the tank. Should hold till replacement gets in. Darn brake light /interlock switch is cracked and keeps the starter from kicking in. Fuel cracked it looks like. Hopefully will be able to get a replacement too..

Cabelas got the tank and the brake switch in last week. As they didn't have anyone to work on it, I just got the parts and installed them. Fit fine, Tym labeled. So Cabelas came thru this time. I've got till end of December for anything else not the engine/transmission.