Fuel tank for a Kubota L2550

/ Fuel tank for a Kubota L2550 #1  

mpresti

Tractor
kubota l2550
Hi, new to this forum. I am looking for a replacement fuel tank for my L2550. Mu current tank is corroded inside to the point of clogging the fuel line. The only tank I have been able to find is at Messicks for $1764.00. That seem a little high. does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

/ Fuel tank for a Kubota L2550 #2  
Remove the tank from the tractor. Remove the fuel line and any fittings. Put some nuts into the tank - the kind that go on bolts not the eating kind. More is better. Shake the tank real well to dislodge the rust. Empty it out and rinse it well. Run air through the tank to dry it well - let it bake in the sun awhile to dry really well. Get some internal tank coat as your friendly local auto parts store. Apply as directed and allow adequate drying time. Clean and reinstall the fittings. Reinstall tank.

/ Fuel tank for a Kubota L2550
thank you very much. I will try that out.

/ Fuel tank for a Kubota L2550 #4  
I've heard that white vinegar works too but I'm curious as to how the tank got rusty inside in the first place because diesel fuel is basically a highly refined light oil so diesel tanks don't usually rust inside.

I've heard that white vinegar works too but I'm curious as to how the tank got rusty inside in the first place because diesel fuel is basically a highly refined light oil so diesel tanks don't usually rust inside.
Not sure. The tractor was passed down to me from a friend that moved.

Wish you good luck with getting it cleaned out then...
Thx, I'll try to post before and after pics when I'm done