Fuel transfer tank pump

/ Fuel transfer tank pump #11  
I prefer Fill-Rite pumps, I spent a lot of money on GPI pumps and finally replaced it with a Fill-Rite.

Im usually so aggravated to replace a pump, I cheap-out and buy GPI.:laughing:
The fill rites are always quite a bit more, but last longer. From April to December, I bet I use mine almost every day.
Will probably make the switch next time. The GPIs are kinda cool being made out of aluminum-no paint and no rust.

/ Fuel transfer tank pump #12  
I prefer Fill-Rite pumps, I spent a lot of money on GPI pumps and finally replaced it with a Fill-Rite.

Also, since you'll be filling tanks "away" from your pump, you'll need to be able to shut it off at the nozzle. I have a 36 gal aux tank in my truck I pump out of and can't see how a manual pump would work very well.

The electric pumps have a limited time they can be deadheaded. Don't remember the time, but enough to stop the flow and shut off the pump
Not sure what pressure the pump makes, but what if you put a switch like this teed after the pump controlling a relay that disables the pump?
https://www.amazon.com/LEFOO-Extended-Pressure-Switch-20psi±3psi/dp/B00GBVN65S/
Then it would automatically shut off the pump if your pressure got too high (such as when auto shut off nozzle closes).

Aaron Z

/ Fuel transfer tank pump #13  
I use 3 ea. 55 gallon drums in a trailer that I park under a shed covering. I bought the cheapest 12v pump TSC sold, and the delivery nozzle so that I could manually shut off flow when desired at the tank...pump has a pressure relief valve that relieves the pressure that develops when the pump is running and you shut off flow. I use old engine batteries that still work for low current applications but can't start an engine. While at TSC I bought the Gold brand output filter and installed it prior to the delivery hose. When the tanks are empty, I hook the trailer to the truck and go to town and fill her up. Have had zero problems with this setup. It was no way near the price you are quoting.

/ Fuel transfer tank pump #14  
I would love a military “ Buffalo “ fuel trailer that could be towed and has all the electric pump, hose, etc. I have my haz mat, so I can tow it under my license, but unsure if they are allowed for civilian use?
I could fill up 300+ gallons of red diesel, then park it where I want.
Wonder if those go cheap at auction?

/ Fuel transfer tank pump #15  
Another vote here for Fil-Rite pump. The advantage for me has been the almost total elimination of fuel spillage, the ability to control flow at the tractor fuel tank, and a lot less physical exertion than the 5 gallon cans that I used to use.
Mine is small enough to load on a trailer when it needs refilling, and is powered by a 12 v pigtail off the tractor.