Funny Story

/ Funny Story #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
I had noticed that my 1705 had a slight miss to it. It seemed to only miss once when I drove it. So i checked my air filter, put in a new fuel filter. The simple things. It still did it. Well I was getting ready to leave for work. I work out of state for two weeks at at time so I had my dealer come get my tractor before I left.

He calls me up and says they found an animals nest where the air filter cartridge would go. OF course there was no air filter. At this point I said my tractor is kept in my garage and I had checked the air filter and surely put it back in. I thought to myself. This cant be my tractor. He then continues on and asks me if I have ever rolled my tractor. I said no. He said there was evidence of it being rolled. He tells me after he explains to me that my miss and no air filter likely caused some major damage to the motor. And he explains that this could be used for insurance. At the time i was still in disbelief that I forgot to put the air filter back in. So I didnt say much. In closing he says the mechanic is gonna do a compression check and then we would know the severity of the damage.

I get off the phone and tell my wife about how I may have forgotten to put the air filter back in and may have costed us some money. So im upset with myself as im still stuck on the fact that I may have forgotten the filter.

The next day he calls back and said there was no engine damage. The bill was gonna be roughly 700 dollars. I said ok. Thinking what the ****. He emails me the bill and the mechanic states no air filter, nest in the compartment, wires chewed up, light on ROPS was broken and the loader frame was bent. I was like WTF!!! My frame isn't bent. I told my wife when my tractor gets delivered to face time me so i can see this thing.

Well the dealer called me and said "hey sorry to inform you but that wasn't ur tractor". They got two number switched up and mistaken mine for this guys tractor. He asked me that I had the quick attach for my loader bucket thats not massey. I said yes. He said ok GOOD then ur tractor hasn't been looked at yet. I told him I was going to face time my wife so i could see this crazy tractor that they were gonna drop off. Come to find out this persons tractor only had 46 hours on it. So I wonder if this gentleman who had this tractor purchased it new and it didnt have a air filter in it?? Either way it was definitely abused. I gotta good laugh out of that.

The cause of my miss was apparently the switch underneath the seat that shuts the tractor off if its still in gear and you get off. I guess that switched caused the seat to mold to it slightly and with slight bumps would allow that switch to not have the weight on it to keep it running properly. He said after they fixed it. They ran it for an hour without a miss. So it would seem to me that they got it. He discounted my delivery and the fix to my tractor since they made a screw up. They also changed my fuel filter but I had already done that. So he gave me that for free. My wife said my tractor is back in my garage.

Im glad to say that im not a crazy person who forgets to put the air filter back in after removing it. I have admit I have some bone head days. For instance I was repositioning a bracket on my mower deck. This bracket that im moving is for my leaf vac. I drilled my holes for the bolts and then went to look for my bracket. I spent almost an hour looking for that **** thing. I was losing my mind as I could not find it. The dang thing was on my tractor seat. UGGGGGHHH thats frustrating when im trying to wrap something up and then forget where i placed something. Anyway I thought you all might be interested in the problem and the fix.

/ Funny Story #2  
Whew...glad it work out in your behalf. :thumbsup:
Most of us done things were didn't feel to proud of at times,I took cell phone out of my pocket so I could crawl under tractor to check something,I look and and look couldn't find cell phone so I slowly move tractor forward about 20' in field,soon as I got off the tractor found cell phone I ran over it twice and broke it. :(