Furl pump on an allis Chalmers 185

/ Furl pump on an allis Chalmers 185 #1  

Phillip w

Platinum Member
Tractor
allis Chalmers 185 and massey ferguson 1531
There seems to be no real forum for allis Chalmers. Has anyone been around an allis Chalmers 180-185 or 19o diesel. I have an allis Chalmers 185 (about 75 hp). It is 40+ years old. Most everything is mechanical including the fuel pump and kill switch. Once you get the tractor started you no longer need the electrical system. The kill switch is a knob you push in that mechanically shut of the fuel pump. I understand the basic theory of a fuel pump, but furl pumps are not my strong suit. My fuel pump seems to be leaking at the pump shut off where the shut off cable attaches. Interesting enough, despite this leaky fuel pump the tractor is easy to start and had plenty of power ever under a load. This seems to me to suggest I don't need to rebuild the fuel pump but perhaps something simpler. Any thought ideas or suggestions.

/ Furl pump on an allis Chalmers 185 #2  
Have you tried allischalmers dot com? Not trying to send you anywhere else, as I like this forum, but there are a lot of great people over there with years of knowledge.
You live in an area full of Allis Chalmers people, not so many down here.
David from jax