Furnace power vent electric motor oil?

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #11  
I used a power vent on my boiler. While on the inside, it mounted between the joists and was the termination to the outside. It was also interlocked, so if the fan wasnt working, the boiler would not run. I have removed it now.

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #12  
Take a look at the 0-40W Mobil 1 oil, specified for many new European cars. $17 for a gallon jug at Meijer in MI

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #13  
My furnace has a power vent exhaust that has a fractional horsepower motor on the outside, north side of the house. (Subject to -20F on start, but quickly warms with furnace exhaust). The manufacturer has some pretty specific oil requirements, and dire warnings if you don稚 buy their brand. They spec a SWG Superlube 46226200.

Is this something special or is there a readily equivalent instead of waiting a week or two for it to arrive.

I have the exhauster apart right now.View attachment 573741
View attachment 573742

I have several synthetic multi-grade oils your welcome to 6 drops anytime, 10w-40 to 15w-50.
Lou

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil?
I have several synthetic multi-grade oils your welcome to 6 drops anytime, 10w-40 to 15w-50.
Lou

Gee, thanks. Mighty generous!
Now what to do with all the money I’ll save by making the 40 mile round trip for those six free drops?

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #15  
yes The new 90% furnaces vent with pvc. the exhaust motor comes in the furnace.

I use to install fans like you have on 80% furnaces and use metal pipe with the joints sealed.
On these systems, the fan draws the combustion products to the outside the home, But I have always mounted these fans on the interior wall. Never outside

The newer 90% furnaces that push the flue gasses to the outside through PVC and are under a positive pressure

On the 95% units, the blower does much more than simply help the exhaust escape. It throttles the burner and feeds it the gas/air mix. It also draws the combustion air in. The entire operation is dependent on the fan and it has to be inside the unit. All venting is done through glued joint PVC. Not likely to leak.

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #16  
Gee, thanks. Mighty generous!
Now what to do with all the money I’ll save by making the 40 mile round trip for those six free drops?

:cool2: your welcome :drink:

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #18  
Yes, this is a very good choice, provided it will still pour at -20 degrees. Not sure about that.

Amsoil can do that LOL

/ Furnace power vent electric motor oil? #19  
On the 95% units, the blower does much more than simply help the exhaust escape. It throttles the burner and feeds it the gas/air mix. It also draws the combustion air in. The entire operation is dependent on the fan and it has to be inside the unit. All venting is done through glued joint PVC. Not likely to leak.

Yeah, If the exhaust motor don't run, nothing runs. Just giving the simple explanation.
I have vented them like his too, but never installed the fan outdoors