Fuse block

/ Fuse block #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Having added LED lights to several Kubotas, I usually use the factory's wiring for one set of rear work lights, and run a hot wire to a relay for switched power for front lighting. I just ran across this nifty little fuse block, and thought I'd share. A fused 10 gage hot wire from the battery, a relay powered off the ignition switch, and you have 6 fused terminals for all your accessories.

Amazon.com: OLS PSZACCEPS051H 6-Way LED Illuminated Blade Fuse Box with Cover: Automotive

/ Fuse block #2  
Sweet! Thanks for posting that. I have a lighting project that needs to happen before snow clearing time and that should make it much more flexible for adding more lights in different places on the tractor.

/ Fuse block #3  
Sweet! Thanks for posting that. I have a lighting project that needs to happen before snow clearing time and that should make it much more flexible for adding more lights in different places on the tractor.

My thoughts exactly!

/ Fuse block #4  
Having added LED lights to several Kubotas, I usually use the factory's wiring for one set of rear work lights, and run a hot wire to a relay for switched power for front lighting. I just ran across this nifty little fuse block, and thought I'd share. A fused 10 gage hot wire from the battery, a relay powered off the ignition switch, and you have 6 fused terminals for all your accessories.

Amazon.com: OLS PSZACCEPS051H 6-Way LED Illuminated Blade Fuse Box with Cover: Automotive
Thanks Varmint, which relay do you use?

/ Fuse block
Just saw your question, mddorange. I bought this: Absolute USA RLS125-5 SPDT 30/40A 12 VCD Automotive Relay - 5 Pack from Amazon, $6.45 delivered. I figured if one crapped out, I would just toss it and install another. Never a problem with them, but I don't use lights every time out- in fact, not often at all in the summer.

/ Fuse block #6  
Just saw your question, mddorange. I bought this: Absolute USA RLS125-5 SPDT 30/40A 12 VCD Automotive Relay - 5 Pack from Amazon, $6.45 delivered. I figured if one crapped out, I would just toss it and install another. Never a problem with them, but I don't use lights every time out- in fact, not often at all in the summer.
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of doing something similar. Do you have any pictures?

/ Fuse block
md, if you mean photos of the relay installed, nope. I wound up mounting it just above the fuse box on the left side of the tractor's console(?), where it is protected from weather but still accessible, mostly so I could simply wire it without tearing anything apart. I ran a 10 gauge red wire from the battery hot terminal (fused, of course) to it for a solid power source, and the light switching wire is powered from the fuse block, which is switched from the key. I figure if I want, I can add even more forward LED lighting. The rear lights, 54 watts total, seem to be more than enough.

/ Fuse block #8  
Thanks, that was what I was looking for.

/ Fuse block #9  
These are great. For my Frank-N-Ford project, I ran my power from the key switched solenoid so nothing runs down the battery unless the key switch is on. Much cleaner, simpler and more effective than the old bake-lite wire blocks.