g5200 over heating problems.... going nuts!!

/ g5200 over heating problems.... going nuts!! #1  

medic442

wow, just found this sight... way cool.....

i have a g5200 (600 hours) with an over heating problem. its driving me crazy!!!!!!! to say the least.

i have had the rad boiled out x2, flushed the block out x 4, new rad cap, thermostat, etc etc etc. i have even brought it to three diff kubota shops at least two time each. they each ran leak down test, compression test, water pump flow test, and the list goes on and on. they can not figure out what is going on with it.... anybody got any ideas?

i can cut for maybe 10-15 minutes and then it starts creeping up into the red!!

/ g5200 over heating problems.... going nuts!! #3  
I'm having a simular problem with my L2500. I just put a temp gauge on it last year and never noticed it getting up to high. I can go an hour or so before it gets near the red, never hits the red but I do get a little weeping frim the radiator overflow. First thing I checked was the thermostat. It was bad and I replaced it, no change. I've taken it out, flushed, etc. the radaitor looks clean and seems to flow well. If I disconnect the water pump return I get a good flow from it. When it gets hot I can spray water on the radiator and it'll cool down. My next step is to have it boiled out. About all I can figure.

I'll follow this thread in case I missed something.

Rob

/ g5200 over heating problems.... going nuts!!
man i feel your pain. i am in the same boat. i followed the link above and it had some good info. i think i might try the head gasket next. i just hate throwing money at it and not solving the problem.

the only thing i do know is that the problem started about three years ago. one summer it was fine, parked it over the winter and the next summer..... over heat city!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING CRAZY WITH THIS MOWER!!!!!