Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #1  

Drewintoledo

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT225HE
I'm rebuilding a picnic table. Does it make sense to source bolts, washers and nuts online? If so, does anyone have a good go-to source for low cost galvanized bolts and such? Maybe it's just as pricey to hit a local big box store? So far, boltdepot.com seems like the deal

Last edited:
   / Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #3  
I just go to the local hardware and pick em up!!!

Time ya pay fer shipping and such ya wont save much.

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #4  
Why not buy local? Heck even a big box store is at least providing jobs in your area.

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #5  
Tractor supply or Rural king in my experience. Most of the other places sell by the piece vs by the pound and it’s a lot more expensive.

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #6  
Buy locally by the pound. I priced out 1/2" carriage bolts for an addition off my barn at Home Depot and it was going to be $50. By the pound at Tractor Supply was $28

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #7  
Not all Tractor Supply stores carry galvanized bolts. If they do, that's the place to get them. If not, also look into stainless steel bolts in quantity. Some hardware stores carry bulk fasteners, some don't. I've ordered stainless steel screws of a special style which came from China because I couldn't get them any other way. I found them ok for the most part, but they seemed to be a little soft for stainless and inconsistent in hardness and don't know yet about corrosion resistance.

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #8  
We can get galvanized or better yet, SS carriage bolts here in our small town. Personally I like stainless. if you can't then the bolt depot is good to deal with.

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #9  
I go to our local Amish hardware store and buy by the pound. Home Depot or Lowe’s don’t need anymore of my money.
Support small businesses…….or there won’t be any soon.

/ Galvanized bolts? Need 36 carriage bolts, washers and nuts #10  
Menards carries galvanized carriage bolts and nuts.