Box Scraper Gannon Box Blade scarifier lock

/ Gannon Box Blade scarifier lock #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
I have a Gannon Economy box blade that I bought used about 35 years ago. It has (had) a spring steel retainer near each end of the flat bar that holds the scarifiers locked in place. These have broken and now the locking bar just flops around inside the tube. Does anybody know where I can get replacement spring steel retainers or a way to fabricate them? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gene

/ Gannon Box Blade scarifier lock #2  
Call Woods/Gannon (Woods owns Gannon)? Otherwise I'd fabricate something. They probably don't have anyone left at Gannon from 35 years ago... but you never know.

/ Gannon Box Blade scarifier lock
I'd be more than happy to fab something if I knew what was there originally. All that is left is a stud on each end of the beam with a short piece of metal under the nut. I never had cause to look at what was there until they were gone. I suspect it was spring steel, flat on the end that has the attachment bolt in it and maybe a "V" shape in the end holding the locking bar. Although I've patched stuff all my life, I don't think I can bend spring steel into a "V" without breaking it even if I could find the correct raw material.

I'll call Woods but i can anticipate the answer.

/ Gannon Box Blade scarifier lock #4  
You may be surprised. That sounds like the same lock they use today.

jb