Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances.........

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #381  
Small hobby "farm" hacks for cheaper sprayers. First is a modified pull behind sprayer pulled with an old Honda riding mower hardwired repurposed power switch in easy reach mounted on dash. used for sevin on sweet corn. Fits nicely down how I spaced my rows loosened u bolts and turned bar, adjusted tips bolted in two brackets to hold arms upright, added shut off valves to turn off or on side nozzles especially handy to conserve expensive insecticide when doing perimeter, initially went nuclear on worms now spray in certain rows once it starts silking, every few weeks about a 5-7 day window after spraying to pick. No more worms.
Second is for a backpack sprayer used for weed control on newer Xmas trees repurposed unused "I hope" disposable bed pan and one of the many kids frisbees to move branches and prevent overspray on needles when spraying roundup for weed control seems to work good for preventing herbicide damage to trees so far.

Attachments

• KIMG1908.JPG
    KIMG1908.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • KIMG1910.JPG
    KIMG1910.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
   / Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #382  
In my younger years, I had no trouble lifting wheeled tools or other bulky items up onto a workbench or into a pickup bed. I'm in my 70's now and I can't easily lift what I used to. I got tired of dragging out planks or making temporary ramps to roll items, like empty wheelbarrows, bicycles, sprayers, etc, up onto a workbench, up stairs or into a pickup bed.

Using some PVC pipe scraps, I made up this compact, lightweight, weatherproof ramp. I cut a 6' piece of 4" sched 40 PVC pipe in half and bolted the halves together for strength.

P1070256a.jpg
P1070258a.jpg

I cut a 4" tee in half and bolted it to the ground end to keep the ramp from twisting. I added short lag screws to grip the ground surface and keep it from sliding around.

P1070260a.jpg
P1070261a.jpg

I screwed a short piece of half pipe to the upper end to rest on the workbench or tailgate.

P1070258b.jpg
P1070259a.jpg

The rig is stronger than it looks, weighs less than 10# and takes up very little space. I usually just leave it in the pickup bed.

I made up a second to use for 2 and 4 wheeled items.

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #383  
Best thing about getting and using some one else's used up junk, inexpensively using it well past its manufacturers intended lifespan is you can modify it cheaply and unprofessionally to fit your needs. Anyways cell phone/ coffee cup holder on one of my free lawn tractors, decks long gone but it still tows small trailers well and kids can drive it to do stuff relatively safely. Drilled a couple holes in bottom of holder so water doesn't retain, screwed plastic container into the plastic console. No more lost cell phones or other stuff that has fallen out of pockets countless times and free upgrade compared to buying something more aesthetically pleasing I also put these empty cut jugs on fenders with self tappers to hold pins, small tools, etc. Lol I just realized I can't take a picture of phone holder holding a phone but you get the idea hopefully.

Attachments

• KIMG2179.JPG
    KIMG2179.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • KIMG2180.JPG
    KIMG2180.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
Last edited: