Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances.........

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #361  
Pretty easy inexpensive hacks for cheaper bandsaws, steel storage, and a homemade brake press add on for a 20 ton press.
Catching cutting fluid on a 7x12 band saw, used repurposed aluminium flat stock I'm sure plastic or steel would work also, bent it on my homemade brake press, made from semi organized smaller steel cutoffs I store on my modified steel rack.

Attachments

• KIMG1410.JPG
    KIMG1410.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
  • KIMG1412.JPG
    KIMG1412.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • KIMG1414.JPG
    KIMG1414.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
   / Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #362  
I spent some time last weekend making use of some dead space over the freezer and fridge in the garage. I used these Lags made to screw all thread into to support the shelves. Worked pretty well.
PXL_20221128_215733363.jpg
PXL_20221128_215740233.MP.jpg

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #363  
Probably already mentioned over the years, but Organizing random extra and left over hardware. Built several of these shelves over the years hang on walls cost me nothing to make. the plastic trays I have were also free or pretty inexpensive I add a few inches to the largest tray I currently have for shelf spacing. acquired lots of handy hardware from free and cheap junk. Used to throw most of it in buckets and coffee cans, or leave it on a work bench finally realized how much time I was wasting looking for stuff or running to the hardware store cause I either couldn't find it or didn't have it plus the valuable space my hoarding was taking up lol. Spent a saturday organizing it using a cheap fastener gauge, now I take an extra few minutes to organize when acquired. I suppose you can label plastic trays but the contents can and will change after one diy project. Anyways it's probably saved me a ton of money and time on diy projects being frugal and doing it this way.

Attachments

• KIMG1419.JPG
    KIMG1419.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
  • KIMG1417.JPG
    KIMG1417.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
   / Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #364  
I have been organizing fittings, fastners and other hardware for the last few years, have two more of these with electrical connectors and other misc. items. Makes it a lot easier to find what I need.

IMG_20210410_181700582.jpg

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #365  
I have been organizing fittings, fastners and other hardware for the last few years, have two more of these with electrical connectors and other misc. items. Makes it a lot easier to find what I need.
Ok, that is just ocd but I like it :), I wish I was that organized. Must have cost a small fortune in containers

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #366  

View attachment 773196
Your organization methods are top notch professional, mine might be considered yooper rigged semi organized chaos, lol. If I ever ran a boat yard someone like you would be my first choice as a parts/ service manager.

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #367  
all this organizing makes my head hurt but I like it.

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #368  
Starting a wood stove fire hack, with instant homemade fire starter (in keeping with thread title, might have a wood stove in in your shop)? My dad taught me this one I'm sure a few know of this, anyways old 12 pack boxes filled with newspapers, kindling and or yard sticks. Light the box instant fire with coals, I prepackage my homemade instant fire starters so I always have at least one ready to go.
Thats how I light my bonfires and campfires outdoors, hadn't considered it for the woodstove... we typically just stuff in 5 crumpled sheets of newspaper and few kindling strips and she goes up ok. But now I'm pondering.

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #369  
Thats how I light my bonfires and campfires outdoors, hadn't considered it for the woodstove... we typically just stuff in 5 crumpled sheets of newspaper and few kindling strips and she goes up ok. But now I'm pondering.
For me anyway it serves multiple purposes, it gets rid of room needed in trash can to dispose pop boxes, no more stacks of newspaper lying around, and gets the kids outside picking up fallen sticks in the yard, filling the boxes. Ill try and store one or two next to wood stove or fireplace, the rest are stored on my wood pile.

/ Garage hacks, adjustments and annoyances......... #370  
If you notice - some tools have cords that have a plastic sheath - other have a rubber sheath. Rubber sheath will seldom, if ever, twist. Plastic sheath will twist the minute you turn your back. Same with extension chords.
Started buying tools in the 1960's. Bought mostly Craftsman, but refused to buy their power tools after owning one with a plastic cord.