Gas cans - really

/ Gas cans - really #181  
Since I do my own work on my machine, I have one of those tools because I use it. I have damaged several valve stems over the years and they needed to be replaced. Also, when I tubed my tires, it was handy to keep the tube stem in place while putting the tires back on the rims.

$4.99 at AutoZone and it'll last forever.

/ Gas cans - really #182  
I added tire valve stems to several of my cans years ago. I used a wire and fished the stems through easily, and they have worked great! I used the short stems but they still get in the way occasionally, so I'm ordering a pack of the yellow caps from Amazon. I think the yellow caps will provide double the air volume and I'm anxious to give them a try.

/ Gas cans - really #183  
One of the features of a No-Spill can is that the fuel flow stops shortly after the fuel level reaches the spout, stopping more air from going into the can. This lowers the chance of overflow. A vent will de-activate this feature.

Bruce
I have some of those and while it may stop "shortly" after the fuel level hits the nozzle, it is not quick enough to prevent an overflow especially on small tanks like lawnmowers. It may work on a larger tractor tank, but I use my 12 volt Filrite pump for that.

/ Gas cans - really #184  
I have some of those and while it may stop "shortly" after the fuel level hits the nozzle, it is not quick enough to prevent an overflow especially on small tanks like lawnmowers. It may work on a larger tractor tank, but I use my 12 volt Filrite pump for that.
In that case, stick it into the tank a little more so that it gets "full" quicker...

Aaron Z

/ Gas cans - really #185  
Suck it up guys.... Even my very mature wife (age wise) who weighs in at maybe 104 pounds soaking wet can make 'No Spill' fuel can work with "her" vertical shaft walk behind Honda powered mower...

Dale

/ Gas cans - really #186  
The valve stem system works SOMETIMES. I put some of those in my fuel cans; they disintegrated in short time. Either gasoline or diesel, I don't know which, turned the rubber valve stem into mush. Metal valve stems work fine.

I also put them in my hand sprayers, leaving the valve core in. When I get ready to spray something, I hit it with the air hose up to about 35psi. That saves me all that initial pumping, and also provides an initial strong stream to hit any distant targets.

The Amazon price for the yellow vents is insane. I bought 25 on eBay for something like $5, delivered. In fact, I bought a sack of the yellow ones as well as black ones. My advice - shop around for a better price.

/ Gas cans - really #187  
The Amazon price for the yellow vents is insane. I bought 25 on eBay for something like $5, delivered. In fact, I bought a sack of the yellow ones as well as black ones. My advice - shop around for a better price.
Yeah you are right. I did not quote best price but I didn’t need 25 either. Was only promoting the caps not the source.

/ Gas cans - really #188  
I just purchased the 5 gallon utility jug and a large mouth funnel from Jeg's. Filling my tractor and dozer has never been easier. I might just stop using my 250 gallon bulk tank.