Gate Help!

/ Gate Help!
I like the picket idea, one option was just that but I was going to use 1x4s, pickets would look nicer.

I like the looks of this. Top section vertical 1x4s and the rest corrugated metal.
cedar-corr-metal-4.jpeg

Would't be light weight but I could use a wheel.

/ Gate Help! #12  
You might want to check out "gate screening" at wayfair.com Here They have many different styles, sizes, and colors. They show the weight for each of their choices.

/ Gate Help!
You might want to check out "gate screening" at wayfair.com Here They have many different styles, sizes, and colors. They show the weight for each of their choices.
Oh yeah! That stuff looks nice! It is on the short list. A little pricey for a 10' gate, but I like it!

/ Gate Help! #14  
Have you thought about the same tin that you put on your roof or even colored panels?

/ Gate Help! #15  
Aluminum Roofing comes in many colors. Stand it upright and attack with pop rivets to the gate. Privacy, durability and aesthetics. The roofing comes in different lengths. Measure the top to bottom including a overhang if one is wanted so when cutting you will be able to reduce throw away. If you decide to use the aluminum roofing also consider placing a one inch tall and one and half inch wide wooden strip on the top and bottom rail on the fence to avoid having a sharp injury causing roofing end sticking up or down.

/ Gate Help! #16  
I think you should abandon the light weight farm gate and install a heavy duty metal framed gate that can handle more weight. Then install the same siding that you have on the building. Hardie or Smart, I can't tell from the photo. That will block what you can see in there, make it easy to get in there, and blend perfectly with the building.

/ Gate Help! #18  
I like the picket idea, one option was just that but I was going to use 1x4s, pickets would look nicer.

I like the looks of this. Top section vertical 1x4s and the rest corrugated metal.
View attachment 758592

Would't be light weight but I could use a wheel.
`like the corrugated look. & the leaning tower of pebbles