Gateway tech support; real or scam?

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #21  
Exactly what model did you buy ?
I bought a Gateway GWTC51427 a couple weeks ago at Walmart, computer things sure keep changing a lot, simple things like turning it on or off are much different than they used to be, took quite awhile to get this new stuff figured out but so far it seems to be working pretty decent.
The last update was way back in 2021 so it took over an hour just to update it.

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #22  
Sometimes I confuse open carry with open container.😀

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #24  
I just spent $300 on a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7050 from Amazon. Even though it is 5 years old, is lightening fast and super quiet. Feels good to keep some of the ewaste out of the landfills too.

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #25  
I think I’m on my last Windows PC. I use an iPad 99% of the time. About once a month I turn on the Dell and spend 30 minutes updating software and running Norton scans. Norton has become so ridiculously bloated and out to sell me more junk via pop ups. 😠

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #26  
I spend most of my time on a Kindle but keep all my vehicle shop manuals and music on the PC. Old eyes work better looking at a 32" monitor.

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #27  
I hear what you guys are saying. I can't figure out what is new and great with the latest software updated and now they want me to upgrade again. This has become ridiculous. And I really feel sorry for those who use their cell phone for sites such as TBN or for email. I used my iPhone for TBN once. NEVER again. Old eyes and stiff fingers are just not made for cell phones.

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #28  
I just spent $300 on a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7050 from Amazon. Even though it is 5 years old, is lightening fast and super quiet. Feels good to keep some of the ewaste out of the landfills too.
A colleague of mine gave me several surplus computers when his company did an office consolidation. A mix of Win 7 & 10 machines, all maybe 7 years old. I guess I'm set for a computer for the foreseeable future. :)
For what I do, I don't need the latest & greatest.
I think I’m on my last Windows PC. I use an iPad 99% of the time. About once a month I turn on the Dell and spend 30 minutes updating software and running Norton scans. Norton has become so ridiculously bloated and out to sell me more junk via pop ups. 😠
I don't get the appeal of tablet computers. Same awkward user interface as a cellphone, only not as portable. Even those have rather small screens, as oosic noted tough on 70+ year old eyes.
Give me a "real" computer with keyboard & mouse.

/ Gateway tech support; real or scam? #29  
A colleague of mine gave me several surplus computers when his company did an office consolidation. A mix of Win 7 & 10 machines, all maybe 7 years old. I guess I'm set for a computer for the foreseeable future. :)
For what I do, I don't need the latest & greatest.

I don't get the appeal of tablet computers. Same awkward user interface as a cellphone, only not as portable. Even those have rather small screens, as oosic noted tough on 70+ year old eyes.
Give me a "real" computer with keyboard & mouse.
My tired old eyes (72 next week) still manage to read the tablet with the type on the largest setting. The tablet shines when I want to read myself to sleep or watch a movie in bed. My Amazon Fire 10 was less than $200. There are still many times I wish I had a good desk top or tower with a big screen and a mouse.