GC 1705 Self Leveling loader?

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
Saw an ad for the GC 1700 Series which shows a pic of what appears to be a GC 1705 with a mechanical self-leveling loader. Picture is too fuzzy to make out the model number off the side of the loader. Can't find anything on the Massey site about it. Anyone here have any info on them? I'd love to have one on my B3300 but have never seen one on anything smaller than 50 hp or so. Would be a great option to have the choice between a standard or MSL when ordering.

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader?
ForumRunner_20150227_182113.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150227_182004.png
    ForumRunner_20150227_182004.png
    606.9 KB · Views: 266
   / GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #4  
Looks like an Australian/New Zealand GC1700 series Sub Compact. Massey's marketing dept should have caught that.

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #5  
Probably a picture of an Australian or European machine. Sure does look like an alo loader. Not an option in North America

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #6  
I'm curious, since I don't know how an auto leveler works. How can you tell by the pics? Are those "extra" pistons on top of the loader arms? Is that how it works?

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader?
Yup, it's the extra parts that you see that make it self-leveling. In fact there are no extra cylinders, only 2 links and 3 pivots extra per side

It's a parallel linkage anchored on the main vertical of the loader using the triangle bracket at the front upper corner to transfer that parallel around the corner down the front of the boom to the base end of the bucket cyl. You have full range of bucket curl at any point but the linkage will keep the bucket steady as you lift the boom rather than having to manually adjust the curl to keep from spilling out the back of the bucket.

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #8  
I'm curious, since I don't know how an auto leveler works. How can you tell by the pics? Are those "extra" pistons on top of the loader arms? Is that how it works?

Yup, it's the extra parts that you see that make it self-leveling. In fact there are no extra cylinders, only 2 links and 3 pivots extra per side

It's a parallel linkage anchored on the main vertical of the loader using the triangle bracket at the front upper corner to transfer that parallel around the corner down the front of the boom to the base end of the bucket cyl. You have full range of bucket curl at any point but the linkage will keep the bucket steady as you lift the boom rather than having to manually adjust the curl to keep from spilling out the back of the bucket.
Here is Kwik-Way brand on a garden tractor that I used to own. You can see the leveling linkage.

PC291444.JPG

PC291448.JPG

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #9  
@Xfaxman That looks straight out of Mad Max. Nice! haha

/ GC 1705 Self Leveling loader? #10  
No self levelling option available on these small units.