Gc 2600 typical starting procedure

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #1  

Fsf119

Tractor
Massey furgoson gc2600
Ok, so I have a new gc2600 with about 10 hours on it. I am not really concerned with the way it starts, but I'm wondering if it's typical. I keep it indoors and it hasn't been under 50 degrees in storage. When I start it, I let the glow plugs warm for the recommended 7 seconds or so. And the engine takes roughly 3 seconds before it fires, then let's out a small plume of black smoke. It seems to really have to work a bit hard to fire. Also on my loader kickstand is a good black sooty stain where the exhaust is. All normal I guess but I would like soon re-assurance. Fred

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #2  
Ok, so I have a new gc2600 with about 10 hours on it. I am not really concerned with the way it starts, but I'm wondering if it's typical. I keep it indoors and it hasn't been under 50 degrees in storage. When I start it, I let the glow plugs warm for the recommended 7 seconds or so. And the engine takes roughly 3 seconds before it fires, then let's out a small plume of black smoke. It seems to really have to work a bit hard to fire. Also on my loader kickstand is a good black sooty stain where the exhaust is. All normal I guess but I would like soon re-assurance. Fred

I would say it's normal as mine does the same thing and I only have 70 hours.

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #3  
As it gets colder you will need to use the glow plugs longer. And, when it's real cold, you will probably have to open the throttle slightly to get a better mixture for starting.

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure
Ok, makes sense, thanks. It does probably crank for more like 5 seconds, but I will try giving some throttle

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #5  
When its real hot in the summer, an my tractor is in the garage, i don't even need to put the glow plugs on. Just starts rightup.:D

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #6  
Ok, makes sense, thanks. It does probably crank for more like 5 seconds, but I will try giving some throttle

If all else fails when it gets real cold, you can slowly open the throttle as you crank. Note the position of the throttle when it fires, and use that position the next time.

If it is 50 degrees, and your actually cranking for 5 seconds, my guess is you need more glow plug time. Try using more glow time, and see if it helps. You need to find and remember the right combination, for a given temperature.

I can easily start mine in below zero ferinheight temps, with no more than 3-4 seconds of cranking. And, I do not have any kind of engine heater.

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #7  

I followed the manual just like you last winter and found my GC2400 hard to start. Started holding glow plugs a little longer and tractor started no matter how cold it got.:thumbsup::D

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure #8  
It seems that a lot of these GCs like their glow plugs, even if it's not too cold out, unless the engine's already warmed up from recent running.

I'll hit my glow plugs almost every time I start it when the engine's stone cold, regardless of the outside temp. Seems to help quite a bit.

When it's really cold, don't be afraid to hold the plugs on for almost a minute.

/ Gc 2600 typical starting procedure
Thanks for the info .