gc fuel line replacement

/ gc fuel line replacement #1  

not2old

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 Massey GC2610TLB
I need to replace the fuel line from the filter under the floor to the injection pump. and would like to remove the floor to make this easier. If I disconnect the hydraulic lines between the couplings and the loader control will I have to do any sort of bleeding or special procedures when I reconnect them? Replacing the line without removing the floor is doable but would be much easier and I'd be more sure of the quality of the work if I remove it. This is the second leak in this line at about 1000 hours. The first was a few years ago just below the injection pump. All I did was shorten it about an inch and reconnect it. This time it is an inch or two past a filter that I didn't know existed.
Thanks for any advise.

/ gc fuel line replacement #2  
Your hydraulic lines should be self bleeding once you reconnect them and cycle through their movements few times....

/ gc fuel line replacement #4  
Hi not2old,

Sorry about your fuel line leak that seems to be very common with our GC's.

I replaced mine a few years ago and posted my information in an old thread dated April 1, 2017, see the link below.

Most of my information is in post #8 and #10 and this thread is only 3 pages long.

Also there is a newer thread about this issue dated February 26, 2022, see another link below.

And this thread is only 9 post long.

Hope this helps you out, KC

/ gc fuel line replacement
After I removed the floor boards and cleaned out all the crud I discovered that what I thought was a hidden fuel filter is actually an electric fuel pump. While this repair may take a bit of time I would suggest that just about anybody is capable of doing it. Not complicated at all.

/ gc fuel line replacement #6  
After I removed the floor boards and cleaned out all the crud I discovered that what I thought was a hidden fuel filter is actually an electric fuel pump. While this repair may take a bit of time I would suggest that just about anybody is capable of doing it. Not complicated at all.
Yep... It's a "lift" pump to supply fuel to the injection pump....