GC1705 DL95 loader question

/ GC1705 DL95 loader question #1  

Lucky Man

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC 1705
I recently bought a bare 2017 GC1705 and found a used DL95 Loader w/Bucket for sale and was able to work out a cash deal.

My question has to do with fitting/coupling size and wanted others input.

1. What size fitting/coupling do I need to purchase in-order for the hydraulic hoses on the DL95 to fit into the female end attached to the tractor?

2. Where is a good place to locate and purchase fittings/couplings?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 644B9E29-39B5-43D0-A3DC-7243E43C95F0.jpeg
    644B9E29-39B5-43D0-A3DC-7243E43C95F0.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
  • 714CD907-FF6B-4E83-BF6B-3D3D03F37D5D.jpeg
    714CD907-FF6B-4E83-BF6B-3D3D03F37D5D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
   / GC1705 DL95 loader question #2  
The couplers were changed sometime between 2016 and 2017 to the larger 3/8 ISO 5675, I think. You may want to verify that.

The older years had smaller fittings-1/4 inch. I honestly don't know for sure since I never had to worry about it with mine.

What is the issue you're having? You seem to have the fittings you need already. Are you having trouble connecting them? They can be difficult sometimes. If they aren't going together easily, you could have pressure building up behind the nipples on the male side. Beside you wiggle the control stick in all directions to equalize the valve pressure. Then, you'll just need to relieve the pressure on the loader nipples at the loader side. I used to crack those fittings and let it bleed off some pressure but found that just putting a rag over the connector and pressing the nipple into a clean, hard surface with a good bit of pressure tends to work quicker. I place the rag over it because it will spray a half ounce fan of oil everywhere. It's not that much but be sure to keep your eyes clear.

/ GC1705 DL95 loader question #3  
Be aware there is two different sizes of Quick Connects used on the 1700 series, change came about in around 2017(or so I have been told) .... Look at base of female connectors and get the brand and part numbers on connector, it will be key to what you need to connect up...

Going from memory but you can get correct part numbers here....

Believe it may be this series....

Download brochure if correct series.....

/ GC1705 DL95 loader question #4  
I have isolated the connector (red strap, "B") and see on the side that it is a Safeway connector. Why the 40 Series rather than the 20 Series?

In Safeway's documentation the 20 Series is listed as being used in ag machines. We know it's a 1/4" fitting as the parts book shows the 3 adaptors needed to get the 3/8" lines down to 1/4" at the connector.

I've checked with my "nearest" dealer and MF wants $50 for one of those (quoted from their part #) but in searching the most likely Safeway model, which is S25A-2, I can get it for half that. I suppose MF counts on the fact that a bunch of acreage owners and small farmers will not try to work the part number conversion. Of course, not knowing much of anything about hydraulics, I don't know the pitfalls of one type/brand of connector over another, how interchangeable are they?

Also, I see two types of valve mentioned in the Safeway info. The MF book just says "Coupler." which type of valve do we have?

If the hydro system components are pretty much standard fittings, can I just look locally for a quick coupler that has the right size and valve type?

Having cleaned the area (and the rest of the machine..) and used shop towels to ID the offender, I can see the leak is getting worse. Is there a chance this could be addressed with a new o-ring? Or could it be some dirt in the coupler?

/ GC1705 DL95 loader question #5  
I would stay with same parts manufacturer/number system to ease compatibility thing... Yes I know about standards but minor discrepancies can be a major headache...

IF you need to adapt a hydraulic connector size to a different hose size than is suggested by specification I would just look for correct adapter...

/ GC1705 DL95 loader question #6  
If everything still original I believe 2016 switch to 3/8 connectors and the dl95 has 3/8 connectors also so you should be all set