GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion

/ GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
probably applies to any GC series before the 1723/1725 line, but has anyone found a decent bottom cushion for these seats?
I have multiple spine injuries and need something softer for my butt. this is not a spring vs shock absorber style seat issue, I can sit in seat not moving for 20 minutes and injuries make my left leg not work.
so looking for a cushion that if I forget to bring inside will....heh heh...protect my ass.
and got to be fairly cheap, disabled vet pay not that great and wife supports me enough as it is LOL

/ GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion #2  
You might try looking in motorcycle supply houses -- I know they make various gel-type cushions....

/ GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion
You might try looking in motorcycle supply houses -- I know they make various gel-type cushions....
yeah I was looking at them, seat shape appears to be issue. looked around a lot yesterday, from what I can see I'll have to grab an office chair one and make sure to bring it in and out each day.
did look at some heated seat covers for scuts to see if they had enough cushioning, no luck there either.

/ GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion #4  
The other thing to look at are seat cushions for Kayaks... You might find something closer to the seat side you need & water / weather proof... Unfortunately, I don't have any recommend but I know my nephew added some to his fishing kayaks & likes them... just a thought...

honestly I never thought about that route.
will check into it, thanks.

/ GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion #6  
Won't be jeep but you might look into the feasibility of swapping out the complete seat assembly - Ferris mowers have an excellent seat.

Won't be jeep but you might look into the feasibility of swapping out the complete seat assembly - Ferris mowers have an excellent seat.
have not actually looked but bet too rich for my blood. disabled vet on VA pay. plus its ONLY the bottom where I need extra butt softness.
I will look though, thanks.

/ GC2400 weatherproof bottom seat cushion #8  
Not long back I discovered these guys, and after emailing the owner the rough dimensions of my seat he recommended a nice basic vinyl piece that I'm quite happy with. Now my needs were a lot more basic, but the customer service was top notch and I've got nothing but good things to say. Perhaps try contacting them, laying out your needs and concerns, and see if they can offer you a solution.

If they can't help, that'd be unfortunate, but they'll no doubt try.

20220717_191517.jpg

Not long back I discovered these guys, and after emailing the owner the rough dimensions of my seat he recommended a nice basic vinyl piece that I'm quite happy with. Now my needs were a lot more basic, but the customer service was top notch and I've got nothing but good things to say. Perhaps try contacting them, laying out your needs and concerns, and see if they can offer you a solution.

If they can't help, that'd be unfortunate, but they'll no doubt try.

View attachment 755296
how thick is the bottom?
when I get paid on the first I will contact them to see, I just have to provide bottom cushion.
as example, I have access to a toro commercial mower with seat with shock absorber in it (60" mower costs 15-17k$ as it sits) and I can sit in it (not running) 30 minutes longer, than I can sit on my GC2400, neighbors GC1725MB TLB, neighbors MF1532, friends and neighbors (2 of them) GC1723 (one being a TLB) machines.

I'm a *****, I need a soft bottom. sort of like difference between cheap single ply and angel soft double ply toilet paper....