GC2600 Hydraulics

/ GC2600 Hydraulics #1  

wrangler6831

Silver Member
Tractor
2- 65 M-F, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH
I have a GC2600 with just the loader and was using it the other day when I noticed my hydraulics were acting slow. I didn't notice any odd noise at the time but after looking at it yesterday I noticed that if its just above idle it seems fine and the hyd respond like I would expect, but if I rev it, I get a whinning noise and the hyd respond slowly. Im guessing its a pressure relief valve but where? The transmission seems fine at low and high revs only thing wrong seems like the hyd. Any ideas where to start before I take it to the dealer? Any help is appreciated.

Rich

/ GC2600 Hydraulics #2  
Couple basic Q's...

How long have you had it?
How many hours?
When was your last hydro filter & fluid change?
Have you checked the hydro fluid level?
Have you checked all the hoses?

/ GC2600 Hydraulics
I should have included that info. Ive owned since new (08), 250hrs, fluid color and level is good in the sight glass (changed in the last 50-80hrs) , and no kinked hoses that I can see but I may remove the rear fenders today and take a closer look.

Rich

/ GC2600 Hydraulics #4  
Being that the hydraulics respond that way after increasing demand (rpm) my thoughts would be... Replace filter, then if still doing it, check relief, then if still doing it ... Might be the pump itself.

/ GC2600 Hydraulics #5  
Pop any quick disconnects off and back on too. A QD not fully seated can give the same symptom.

/ GC2600 Hydraulics
Got it fixed. On the bottom, left hand side of the trans there is two metal lines connected with a 2 or 3 inch piece of hose. Something had wedged up the bottom steel line, which comes from the bottom of the trans, (Im guessing suction hose) and it kinked the section of rubber hose to the point it was collapsed. Just pulled back down on it and all is good, no permanent damage. My wallet would like to thank everyone for their input!
Now time to build a skid plate....

Rich