GC2600 lost key

/ GC2600 lost key #1  

piercedtiger

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Massey Ferguson GC2600 DL100
So apparently my wife lost the one key we had to our 2011 GC2600. I emailed a local dealer to see if I can get a replacement, but it has me thinking. Has anyone converted to not using a key to start? Like a twist dial or switch? That would be better than losing another key I think. All my projects are now on hold under the dealer opens back up on Tuesday, assuming they can even help me then.

/ GC2600 lost key #2  
I suggest having a few keys on hand then.

/ GC2600 lost key
I suggest having a few keys on hand then.

I planned on that if I can. Do you know if they're generic or tractor specific like car keys? I couldn't find keys or even the ignition switch in the Agco parts book to see what I needed to order. Amazon has a ton of keys, but none of them list GC2600 as a compatible model so I'm not even sure what model number to order.

/ GC2600 lost key #4  
I know the Deere and Kubota equipment I have use generic keys.

/ GC2600 lost key #5  
Just go to your local dealer and buy some. I lost mine in the snow. Went and bought 2 at dealer. Found lost key in the spring.

/ GC2600 lost key
Thanks. I borrowed the key for the Massey GC our school system owns to get some work today. Seems to match the Kubota RTV 900 keys for sale on Amazon. So if nothing else, I can get a couple for $5 on there. Just waiting for the dealer to get back to me on cost and if he has them in stock. In the mean time at least I can get some things done.

/ GC2600 lost key #7  
I think I paid $10 a piece. Worth $20 to have a key and a spare. LOL

/ GC2600 lost key #8  
Spare keys are a necessity imo. As to the idea of a switch . . Remember the key switch on a gc is off - gages- glow plugs and gauges - and starter. So a simple switch isn't a good idea imo.

/ GC2600 lost key
Spare keys are a necessity imo. As to the idea of a switch . . Remember the key switch on a gc is off - gages- glow plugs and gauges - and starter. So a simple switch isn't a good idea imo.

Well obviously a simple toggle switch wouldn't work, but why can't there be a twist knob permanently attached to the tractor instead a removable key? My wife tripped over the 3 point hitch lowering speed knob and broke that so I'm waiting for the day someone hits the key and bends it.

/ GC2600 lost key #10  
IMHO additional keys is the way to go. I have a metal detector just for finding lost keys, lynch pins, nuts, bolts and all associated bits & pieces that are lost in the yard. I tend to loose stuff in my lawn and the detector has saved MANY trips into town looking for replacements.