G'day from Australia, Assessing New Chinese 60 HP 4WD FEL Tractors

/ G'day from Australia, Assessing New Chinese 60 HP 4WD FEL Tractors #21  
I think I'm going to pay a bit extra and buy either a used JD, Kubota or MF as I know I will always be able to source parts and local expert advice. Maybe in a few years when there is more independent information about the Chinese tractors, I'll adventure in that direction. Thanks for your advice, it's much appreciated! Jon

Smart decision!

SR

/ G'day from Australia, Assessing New Chinese 60 HP 4WD FEL Tractors
Thanks, Sawyer Rob, my gut feels better now I've committed to the Kubota. They have a great reputation here in Australia too and the dealer has been there since time immemorial and still in the same family, they're decent country blokes who will tell it like it is. By the way I've a small portable circular saw mill that I've had for more than ten years. The biggest timber that I can cut repetitively out of a log is 6" by 12" up to 20' long. But Australian hardwoods are mostly very dense and hence extremely heavy and I'm not getting any younger so I will be buying a set of forks when I've saved up a bit to make moving stacked sawn timber a less arduous task. Jon

/ G'day from Australia, Assessing New Chinese 60 HP 4WD FEL Tractors #23  
Hi Jon,

Hopefully Sawyer Rob will provide a photo of his forks and grab because they are a really nice option. I bought the same forks after seeing his and a clone of his grab and so far so good. He has a good 3PH splitter option for the ugly wood not worth milling too, and usually doesn't need much encouragement to post photos of it :D

/ G'day from Australia, Assessing New Chinese 60 HP 4WD FEL Tractors #24  
How about loading a 20' 6" blk cherry log onto my mill,

standard.jpg

and it put out the best cherry lumber I've ever seen!

standard.jpg

The forks/grabble are perfect for firewood too,

standard.jpg

As for the splitter, I'm still loving it!

standard.jpg

I think my better half likes it more than I do! lol

standard.jpg

Thanks guys!

SR

/ G'day from Australia, Assessing New Chinese 60 HP 4WD FEL Tractors
Thanks KiwiBro & Sawyer Rob, the grab on the forks is brilliant; I'll have to buy one or make one. Is it a US made grab?
Nice looking slab, from the saw pattern I'm guessing your slabbing mill is a bandsaw or a 6' to 8' bar skip-tooth chainsaw. My mill is a Lucas tungsten tooth circular saw mill with a 6' chain slabbing attachment, I haven't any photos to post. Next time I'm milling I'll take some.
It's a fair bit warmer here but the temperature ranges from about -1 degree C to about 45 degrees C (30 degrees F to 112 degrees F), we don't get snow but do get big hail from thunderstorms from time to time. In 2014 I took these photos of hail the size 2" to 3" on average with some larger ones occasionally. 100_1394.jpg100_1396.jpg100_1413.jpg
Crashing into bed now, big day tomorrow, take delivery of my new Kubota. I'm stoked the tractor is getting delivered at noon tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to doing a lot of work on it around my property. Couldn't afford the HST so have bought the Gear version.
Thanks again for the info!
Jon

Attachments

• 100_1394.jpg
    100_1394.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1396.JPG
    100_1396.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_1413.JPG
    100_1413.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 81