GEHL CTL 60

/ GEHL CTL 60 #1  

UCEMC

Tractor
John Deere 6200
Hey JMC do you like your new CTL 60? I have been looking at one to replace a GEHL 4835. Does the tracks work better? I would like one for this time of year,4835 does not get around good on wet ground. Thanks

/ GEHL CTL 60 #2  
Barry,

Only have about an hour on it- one light snow. Enjoyed using it, especially with the cab/heater. The fit and finish is very good. Controls are responsive. Its quiet and nothing rattles except the tracks.

There is a steep section of our driveway that under certain conditions (packed/icey), 4WD tractors won't climb it. The test for this Gehl is if it can rather than those tracks turning into two sleds. We'll see, but its been mostly warm so far this winter. 50F the rest of the week.

Don't have any conventional skid steer experience to compare with but my impression of these tracks is that if the snow is soft enough to leave an imprint, the machine will go about anywhere.

During the demo this fall, it had rained the day before and I had some piles of clay out on bare mud. Filling the bucket was not a problem. When you lost traction, it just sheared off the lug pattern in the mud rather than dig a hole like a tractor would. It also scooted across some very soft mud that you would sink to your ankles it. If you haven't seen ASV's web site, they show video of their tracked loader in some serious slop.

John

/ GEHL CTL 60 #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey JMC do you like your new CTL 60? I have been looking at one to replace a GEHL 4835. Does the tracks work better? I would like one for this time of year,4835 does not get around good on wet ground. Thanks )</font>

If you didnt know, the Takuechi TL130 is the same exact model just different colors

/ GEHL CTL 60 #4  
JMC, I live in Brown County and also have a steep driveway. I was curious about your comment about 4wd not making up a certain part of your drive. Have you used chains? I am asking since I just got a 4wd cut, and also just ordered front chains, in hopes that I will be able to navigate my hill. Like you said, with all this rain and 50 deg temps, haven't been able to find out for myself. What has been your experience?

pete

/ GEHL CTL 60 #5  
Chechnya,

Actually, I was going to buy the Takuechi but the price they shot me after the demo was $3000 more than what I was quoted over the phone. Later, when they came back with a better price, I had already bought the Gehl. The Takuechi had a cab door that slides up and stores overhead inside. Very slick. The conventional cab door on the Gehl requires the loader to be fully down or possibly, way up, to open. That may be awkward under certain conditions if you're by yourself and need to get in and out to check bucket position. The other minor point is the Tak. unit had an electric outlet next to the aux. hydraulic couplers. Although Gehl said its on there, I haven't found it.

John

/ GEHL CTL 60 #6  
Sassafraspete,

The chains should work and thats my fallback position if this tracked loader is squirrelly. Usually the tractor with no chains can push snow uphill but once the tires spin, they must heat up and get slick because you can't get any further even without pushing. Chains should not only provide bite on ice but prevent that initial spinning. I hope you post your experience with front only chains.

We live on the north edge of Bloomington. Where do you live from Nashville?

John

/ GEHL CTL 60 #7  
John, I am about 12 miles SE of Nashville. I hope we get some snow sometime this winter so I can try the tractor out with / without chains. I didn't have the equipment for the first 5 " snow we had.

pete