Generator too heavy for my dad.

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #11  
Maybe you could get one of those cheap scissor jacks and bolt to one end of it with a few u-bolts. That way after your dad rolls it to its spot, he can crank the jack up (which drives it into the ground, and lifts one end of the generator up), making the jack keep the generator from moving while it is running.

You can probably get them at a junk yard cheap as they come with every car made now.

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #12  
As was mentioned, try it first to see if moving is a problem.

I put my welder on HF dollies, it stays put.

IMG_0435.JPG

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #13  
I bought 8" solid rubber hand truck wheels and two pieces of ATR from HF. It doesn't swivel, but it rolls very easy on dirt and super easy on concrete. A pair of 2x4s with wedge angles on it keeps it from walking around.

I kind of like the extra height off the ground too, with the taller wheels underslung from the frame. I'm sure you can get a swivel wheel with locks, get a pair for the "light end" and a pair of fixed for the Genset end, solid rubber.

Its for your Dad, don't cheap out on him.....

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #14  
Get a yard cart to mount it on. IMG_1496.jpg

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #15  
I can relate. Bought a 10k Champion for the acreage. Have a time moving it because the mfg, in all their wisdom, put the handle on the heavy end. Some day I'll get round to fixing the problem.

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #16  
Maybe a chain tether that you could also padlock?

In many areas of NJ that 9000W Winco would disappear in minutes...chain or no chain.

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #17  
https://amzn.to/2VouTlM

i have 4 of these (2 that don't swivel) on the 7k HF generator. even on pavement the generator doesn't move an inch. i also placed a piece of unistrut on one side and a eye bolt to pull it with my atv. works perfect, other then the tires going flat from time to time, if you have to wheel it over anything other then pavement, u will want the rubber tires

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #18  
How about a couple of sand bags around the wheels to keep it from rolling around when running?

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #19  
I like the test it first approach to see if there is a problem, but the locking casters or sand bag approach would be first on my list solutions if a problem does in fact exist

/ Generator too heavy for my dad. #20  
Will it sit on a paved surface when running, or in the lawn? My pressure washer walks terribly on pavement, with 2 wheels and 2 rubber feet. I have to park it in the grass when I use it. I think part of the issue is how sloppy the wheels are, allowing for a lot of loose vibration. Keep that in mind when you test the generator, in case a better fitting wheel solves the problem.