Generator vs. alternator

/ Generator vs. alternator #11  
I am considering adding work lights to my B1550. I read on another thread that the newer tractors come with an alternator that will handle such additions rather than a generator. The wording implied to me that it was not a good idea to add additional lights to a generator. Any body have any insight into this?
Ask the dealer or check your manual. Spec sheet online will also give you your answer. If you plan on adding lights then plan on getting the upgrade.

I ran my b2920 with 4 55w lights and a strobe and an electric actuator, wiper, fan etc etc with a dynamo...fine till I shut down to refuel. Battery DEAD!!

A diesel will run once started with the battery removed although this is Not recommended.

Hope this helps

/ Generator vs. alternator #12  
On an earlier ' LED lamp ' discussion it was stated that LED's don't like the Kabota dymo output, and don't last long... I'd just convert over to an alternator and be done with it. Then you would have lots of output to add stuff in the future. Kabota used the dymo in a lot of engines. It is simple and puts out enough juice for most diesel applications, which is not much.