Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck.

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #1  

brain55

Veteran Member
Pretty much decided on a 2015 International DT 4400 with the Navistar Max 9 engine and Allison 3000 transmission with a crew cab. I was surprised that the quotes from the two local dealers were within $100 of each other. I'm meeting with the second sales guy on Sunday. He seems to be more willing to work around my F450 that I'm upside down in.

Looking forward to being confident in a truck again. It's a lot of money but should double or triple the life I'm getting out of a truck now. I need to get it ordered since it will 6-8 weeks for it to be built.

Brian

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #2  
Is the Cummins available yet in the 4400 or is that only in in class 8 trucks?

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck.
Is the Cummins available yet in the 4400 or is that only in in class 8 trucks?

I think the Cummins is available in 300 hp the Navistar is 330 hp I think both are 950 ft/lbs.

Brian

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #4  
I think I would look into the Cummins option even though they claim to have the bugs worked out of the MaxxForce. Guessing that resale value will be higher on an identical truck with a Cummins.

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #5  
Sounds like one sweet truck. The local IH dealer had a 4 door cab chassis truck that was a low profile that looked real nice it had all the toys. I have heard nothing but good things about those.

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #6  
I had to look it up to see what it was. My ignorance. Question, I know torque does the work, and decently familiar with diesel's (my truck is an '06 GMC Duramax/Allison) and I also know even GM runs my same engine in medium duty trucks derated (300hp vs 360 in mine), but not sure why? Does it increase longevity of the engine? What displacement are the engines in this truck? Trying to get a better grip on how the heavy duty trucks fun their engines.

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #7  
They don't show a Cummins available in the 4400, but they do in the 4300. They don't show a Cummins between the ISB6.7 and ISX15 available in their lineup, so nothing near the size of the 9.

Can't wait to see it!

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck.
Spent an hour and a half with the salesman this morning going over details making sure we had everything I wanted/needed. Start dealing with the finance guy tomorrow. The salesman came to where I was working and he and his counterpart will likely meet me at another job later this week to make sure the frame height is going to match my gooseneck height and that the low-profile spec is going to be low enough with the 22.5" tire and wheel package we picked, or if I'll need to go to the 19.5's. I'm pretty excited, I've never bought a built to order truck before.

Brian

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #9  
Awesome. Cant wait to see pictures of old vs new :D

Aaron Z

/ Getting close to pulling the trigger on a new truck. #10  
Congrats Brian, hopefully the truck will serve you well for many years. Post pictures when you get the truck!