Getting ready for new Wicked 55

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #1  

papa joe

Tractor
Kubota L3901DT, Farmall 706
I installed my W. R. Long third function valve about a month or so ago. Today I added some extra protection to my grill guard. It turned out surprisingly well. Hope to get my grapple in the next week or so. I ordered on Oct.15. The closer it gets, the longer it seems. IMG_3409.JPGIMG_3410.JPGIMG_3413.JPGIMG_3412.JPG

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #2  
Good job on the grill. Like how you covered the bottom. Definitely thinking and planning ahead.
The wicked grapples are extremely well made and perform better. No regrets and a pleasure to use. Enjoy.

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #3  
You will enjoy the Wicked Grapple and how much laborer it takes off the old back.

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #4  
A very nice job on the grill guard. Not only will the grapple take a load off your back - it will let you do jobs you would never have considered doing.

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #5  
That's a very nice job, and I will also attest to the work saved by your new grapple. When I bought mine a TBN member suggested using wire ties to ID one side of the hoses, so that they always get hooked back up the same way. That was a great piece of advice as the contriols always are the same.

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #6  
Nice work! I'm sure that grapple will be very useful.

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55
My grapple shipped today. Should be here Monday evening.

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #8  
I see all these grill guards for grapples (looks nice too.) Why do people put guards on the tractor and not the grapple?
Because things might get stuck in the grapple more easily?

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #9  
In my case it was just a whole lot easier to modify the OEM grill guard. I really don''t know exactly how something could be put on the grapple and work as well. This is my modified OEM grill guard. View attachment 680303

/ Getting ready for new Wicked 55 #10  
I see all these grill guards for grapples (looks nice too.) Why do people put guards on the tractor and not the grapple?
Because things might get stuck in the grapple more easily?

You still can get brush coming up underneath the grapple.