Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard

/ Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard #41  
My two acres of "lawn" is field grass that has been mowed for 40 years. No matter what I do - it still comes back with the fall rains. I've used my LPGS with scarifiers down to smooth out a particularly bumpy section. Works just great.
I give up "LPGS"?????

/ Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard #42  
Sorry. LPGS = land plane grading scraper. My Land Pride LPGS - GS2584. I just finished washing all the driveway dirt off it. 84 inches wide - 800 pounds.

IMG_0210.jpeg

/ Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard #43  
One special right we get to do, if we have land, is to drive cars on it. I love doing this. Just the act of it, makes me feel like a King.

/ Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard #44  
Sorry. LPGS = land plane grading scraper. My Land Pride LPGS - GS2584. I just finished washing all the driveway dirt off it. 84 inches wide - 800 pounds.

View attachment 759228
Does that 100 lbs per foot give you enough down pressure, or do you ever wish you had more weight?

I've been putting off getting a land plane, but I think I'm about ready. I'm thinking 7' for me, but is 100 lbs per foot enough? How often are you using the scarifiers (I definitely want those)?

/ Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard #45  
I have about the same acerage to mow and in the same condition. I mow with the tractor and finish mower in the photo. I can mow in B2 which is 4.9 mph with no problem. With the larger tires on the tractor it rides good and one of my other tractors with 15.5 x 38 rides even better. About as fast as I can go due to the smaller tires on the finish mower. Can't imagine trying to mow with a small tire zero turn mower.
43053B1E-F17A-4651-8BA4-169C68C4D6C6.jpeg

/ Getting rid of a bumpy 4 acre yard #46  
If you till it I do not believe that you can kill the
grass with one tilling. Just till it and forget it and
when it rains cut the grass

willy