Getting stuck in the mud - or not!

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #1  

CharlieR

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubata B7200
If you get your tractor "stuck in the mud" (up over the axles) but go have lunch to think it over then return and manage to get it out without anyone else helping, did you really get stuck or just have a bad day?:confused2::confused::D

What do you think?

That's what happened to me last Saturday while trying to retrieve my Landpride rake from the lower field.
I got my B7200 out of the mud by using the loader to lift the front tires high enough to get some 2x12's under the front tires and put some other 2x12's up against the rear tires (with the rake detached).
To my relief the little beast crawled right up out of the hole and slithered away to safe ground.
Later I used chain, rope and sweat to get the rake out of the mud too.

So, did I get stuck or just annoyed?

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #2  
I'd say both!

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #3  
When the tree fall in the forest, and if no one is there, did it make any sound!!:confused2:

Pictures Pictures Pictures

Last edited:
   / Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #4  
When the tree fall in the forest, and if no one is there, did it make any sound!!:confused2:

If a man makes a statement in the forest with no woman there to hear it, would he still be wrong?

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #5  
If a man makes a statement in the forest with no woman there to hear it, would he still be wrong?[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: :laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing:

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #6  
in the 4wheeling world... if your able to enact self recovery, (ie needing no one else to help you) you were never stuck :thumbsup: (which you can imagine carries hefty bragging rights)

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #7  
That is not stuck. This is just temporarily detained!!

Last week when I got a 150hp 4wd 7 ton tractor burried 3 feet deep into the mud, that was considered STUCK. It took 3 days, a lot of digging with a shovel, and another big ***** tractor to get me out!!

The 100hp 2wd drive tractor that initially tried to get me out got stuck twice and I had to keep pulling him out with my 50hp 4wd JD!! :confused2:

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #8  
if it was me, i would say i was stuck. more so if it means i have to hop out of the tractor / vehicle and go get boards, chains, etc... and boy do i get rather annoyed. those days, end up being even longer due to other stuff breaking or not working correctly.

if i already have boards, chains, etc... on the tractor already, it would be a different story.

some times i know i am going out into a muddy mess and will toss the stuff onto the tractor. other times, think na, i should be fine, and then spend 3 hours. spinning wheels, and shifting. just to get my rear back to the shed. *looks ashamed*

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #9  
I was just kidding with my earlier post. Yeah, if your momentum stopped and you had to use boards to get out, I would say you were stuck

/ Getting stuck in the mud - or not! #10  
In my book, there are varying levels of stuckness :rolleyes:

To help you understand, I have complied a scientifically proven scorechart of just how stuck you get, based totally on the experiences of myself and my friends...

Level of Stuckness Score Chart patent pending!!!

Number 1 being the least stuck, and number 10 being very VERY stuck...

1. You have to leave the tractor seat
2. You get mud in your wellies
3. You get mud inside you overalls
4. You get mud inside your pants
5. Your wife gets mud in her hair
6. You have to get a tow with another tractor
7. You have to get a tow / push from an excavator
8. You have to get a tow / push from a dozer
9. You have to get a crane
10. The crane driver gets mud in his pants

Charlie: I'd say you score a definate 2, maybe 3?

Trook: Probably score a 6 or 7 - maybe even 8 if you allow for the timescale it took you to get out... :laughing:

My worse one has been a level 8, although I have suffured level 5 too many times for my wife Karon to be happy about!

Friends of mine have been less fortunate:

In 1997 while working for Phil Odam Ag Services in Cheltenham, one of our drivers decided to plough right up to the ditch...

4b4d0d19847e00d9.jpg

It took 3 tractors and lots of sweat to pull the Magnum out with out rolling it - I'd say itr's the equivalent to a level 7 or 8, although there was actually very little mud.

In 2001 myself and several fellow Young Farmers went to help my friend Giles extract his tractor from the silage bale clamp...

98f0cd51fc21b740.jpg

He had gone in after heavy rain, and just kept spinning the wheels trying to get to the bale - when we got there the brake and clutch peddles were lost in the swamp! Eventually we got a forestry tractor with winch, chained to a large oak tree to get the poor Massey out - definately a level 9, although possibly a 10 and the driver of the winch did get mud in his pants ! :laughing:

Photos are from Profi website, as I have lost the originals - but they are genuine... :thumbsup: