Gill box blade

/ Gill box blade #1  

Patriot820

Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF20
Hi all,
Would someone happen to know how to get these rippers moved to the cutting position? I keep trying to hold the handle and push the blades down but it feels like there is something hindering it. Also what feature is this called? Would it be considered a roll over box blade? I'm new to tractors and box blades so any help would greatly be appreciated Thank you
IMG_3093.jpg

/ Gill box blade #2  
If I remember correctly, you hold the handle and drop the 3 PT. The tines will come partially down and into the ground slightly and back up until they lock into place. To roll them back up you just pull the handle with them raised and they will roll over. I had one of those that got caught up in my neighbors farm sale. He had borrowed them and forgot they were mine. I have looked for one ever since and never seen one for sale. Mine was exactly like yours. Best box blade I ever had.

/ Gill box blade #3  
Just an FYI, this is a rollover box blade.

Attachments

• P4140004.JPG
    P4140004.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 51
  • P4140010.JPG
    P4140010.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 50
  • P4140006.JPG
    P4140006.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 50
  • P4140005.JPG
    P4140005.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 50
   / Gill box blade #4  
The one he has is a lot like the Gannon Box. The one he has would be super easy to convert to hydraulic.

/ Gill box blade
The rippers won’t come down to save my life. They come down a little bit then it feels like something is impeding it from going down further.

/ Gill box blade #7  
If I remember correctly, you hold the handle and drop the 3 PT. The tines will come partially down and into the ground slightly and back up until they lock into place. To roll them back up you just pull the handle with them raised and they will roll over. I had one of those that got caught up in my neighbors farm sale. He had borrowed them and forgot they were mine. I have looked for one ever since and never seen one for sale. Mine was exactly like yours. Best box blade I ever had.

Workinonit is correct. This is what you need to do. I have a similar set-up. Tines come partially down. Then you get on tractor and back-up. It will push the he tines down and they will lock in place.

KIMG1142.jpeg

/ Gill box blade
Workinonit is correct. This is what you need to do. I have a similar set-up. Tines come partially down. Then you get on tractor and back-up. It will push the he tines down and they will lock in place.

View attachment 870112

View attachment 870112
Thank you WVH. I actually tried that. I made sure it wasn't latched, lowered the box blade and well...I tried going forward and backward with no results. I will try to gopro my next attempt and post and maybe you or someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again for the reply.

/ Gill box blade
Thank you WVH. I actually tried that. I made sure it wasn't latched, lowered the box blade and well...I tried going forward and backward with no results. I will try to gopro my next attempt and post and maybe you or someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again for the reply.
Here is video of my last attempt.