Gilson 16 HP Tractor

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #11  
How much are they asking for it ?
I'm looking at a Gilson tractor. It looks to be pretty well built but old. it has a single cyl engine. The cutting deck is off and in the corner of the garage. If memory serves these were sold by Monkey Ward. Any help would be appreciated.

What are they worth? can you get parts, the usual quesions.

Thank you in advance

DCD

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #13  
My dad has a 12hp and a 16hp sitting in his barn. he may be willing to sell them, too. Last I recall, they were both in good condition for mawing, but it's been a while since I asked him.

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #14  
I was told this was a Gilson tractor but I still get all my parts from the Ford/ New Holland dealer and they are readily available........ It;s built like a tank. It has the Kohler 16HP twin and 48" deck and came with impeller driven 3 bagger..Sucks the nightcrawlers out of the ground.....Bought it 4 years ago and works great. Sure beats some of the new riders with the thin sheetmetal and mower decks.. Paid 500 for it.....

Attachments

• Ford Lawn Mower 001_renamed_4479.jpg
    Ford Lawn Mower 001_renamed_4479.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Ford Lawn Mower 012.jpg
    Ford Lawn Mower 012.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 934
  • Ford Lawn Mower 013.jpg
    Ford Lawn Mower 013.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Ford Lawn Mower 016.jpg
    Ford Lawn Mower 016.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 604
   / Gilson 16 HP Tractor #15  
I just purchased a 1978 16hp Montgomery Ward mechanical drive mower(#33181A) , mower deck, snow thrower and dozer/snow blade all for $100.00! I love it. It has plenty of power and seems to be very solid. I got it from the original owner's son.
What I really need is the sickle bar attachment for it. Model #33056, gear operated mechanical sickle bar. Does anyone know where I can get one? It is in their catalog from 1975 for tractors and attachments.

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #16  
hi folks,
i think its about the same as a plug nickel.
you can find the parts also.......

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #17  
I recently bought a late 60's gilson riding mower.

The little mower must weigh 500lbs or more and runs like a top.

I just used it in the back yard the other day.

Fun as heck to run because it has so many little levers to run things, even has a hydro pump to raise and lower the deck.

L

Attachments

• gilson 1.jpg
    gilson 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 880
  • gilson 2.jpg
    gilson 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 911
  • gilson 3.jpg
    gilson 3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,545
  • gilson 4.jpg
    gilson 4.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,425
   / Gilson 16 HP Tractor #18  
If you can get me the model and serial number of the tractor, I might be able to answer some of your questions and maybe (???) even help you find any parts you are looking for.

RB

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #19  
Hay RB 16 horse wards variable ser-37XR3923 year and model ? possible c thanks

/ Gilson 16 HP Tractor #20  
If you can get me the model and serial number of the tractor, I might be able to answer some of your questions and maybe (???) even help you find any parts you are looking for.

RB
Got one for you 16 wards variable 37XR3923- model and year??possible thanks c