GL3240 Delivery Day :)

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #1  

TalonDancer

Gold Member
Our Grand L3240 finally arrived this PM in the midst of Tropical Storm Erin's rain sqaulls. The package includes...
* GL3240 HST 4WD with R4 tires
* LA724 Loader w/ universal quick attach
* L2239 66" HD round back bucket w/ TL1756 cutting edge
* BH90 Back-hoe w/12" pin on bucket
* Rhino BX66 Box Blade
* Bradco 48" Pallet Fork

The dealer..
* added 2 hooks the the L2239 bucket (lifting, dragging, etc)
* blew a 1" hole in one of the pallet forks (e.g. tie down, chain, trailer hitch ball)

A TUFFTOP XLR-52 is on its way and will add rear work lights ASAP.

Talon Dancer

Attachments

• Unloading_the_GL3240.jpg
    Unloading_the_GL3240.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 666
  • Fetching_the_rest.jpg
    Fetching_the_rest.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 600
   / GL3240 Delivery Day :) #3  
Congrats!!
Very nice machine.

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #4  
Very nice. The dealer I where just bought my L3400, had a Grand next to it. Hard to keep my focus on the 3400 as the salesman was explaining it to me. ;) Plus you got the BH. :cool:

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #5  
Congratulations........very nice. Good luck with it.

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #6  
Congratulations :D

Have fun and be safe.

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :)
Thanks Guys,

I haven't had much seat time yet due to the rain from the remains of tropical storm Erin.

I spent some time getting used to the HST Plus, by arranging the tractor toys (box blade and pallet fork) for easy access. Using the SSQA to swap from the loader bucket <-> pallet fork to move the box blade is SOOO nice when the BH is hanging off the back :) if you have the option to get the SSQA don't think, just DO IT.

I also got a little time on the BH90 extending one of the 6' deep soil profiles I had dug with the rented L39. I was impressed with the BH90's reach and strength. If the bucket wasn't 12" (vs 16") I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the results :) The BH90's controls are very responsive. I was digging at idle. The GL3240/BH90 acted much like the L39 in performance. I was worried about leg room; but that was not a problem. OTOH the short seat back is not very comfy :( Especially after just getting out of the GL3240's very nice reclining seat with arm rests.

Talon Dancer

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #8  
The L3240 looks like a very nice tractors, I had my L2800 at the dealer yesterday for a PTO cable and bracket replacement (second time the cable messed up), while I waited I took the opportunity to check out the L3240. Very nice.

I had to hold myself back from asking about a trade L2800 to L3240. The only thing that stopped me was that the 3240 had a PTO cable similar to the one on the 2800 which is the only problem I have had with my 2800. Kubota redesigned the cable setup on the 2800 because of all the problems hopefully the engineers at Kubota applied the lessons learned on the 2800/3400 and the 3240 will be problem free in the PTO cable area.

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #9  
Wow Talon,

Beautiful machine! Looks like you'll be getting some serious work done with that beast. :cool:

Man, this not having a tractor thing is killing me. I'm spending way too much time on TBN reading and looking at pictures, and longing for the days when I was too busy working with the tractor to spend much time on TBN. :(

Man, I can't wait to unload more property - CFO says no tractor till we sell the rental property, and things aren't moving too quick these days. Oh well, it gives me plenty of time to research new machines.

For now, I have to live vicariously through all of you guys, and rent a machine every now and then to get my fix. ;)

/ GL3240 Delivery Day :) #10  
NICE. Congratulations! :) Curious - why only a 12" bucket?