Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #3,081  
Arguments I would like to see disappear as they have all been overused and way over distorted:

1. In the 70s scientists were predicting coolling - no they weren't a few popular press mags did but there were no climatologists doing anything like that. The argument has been debunked repeatedly even in this thread.

YA you betcha you " would like to see disappear " ALL LIBERALS want all facts to disappear so they Just puke up nonsense...sorta like saying "no climatologists doing anything like that", BUT when you include links and facts it's like spraying RAID on cockroaches.

It is well known that there were many articles in the likes of Time Magazine and Newsweek back in the 70’s, which sensationalised the ice age scare. Warmists tend to write off this episode as just media hype. But what were the scientists saying at the time?

HH Lamb was one of the leading climate scientists at the time and founded the Climatic Research Unit at the UEA. In 1973 he wrote an article, “Is The Earth’s Climate Changing?”, for the UNESCO magazine, “The Courier”. It was a special edition devoted to climate issues and in it, HH Lamb covered a number of issues.

1970’s Global Cooling – What The Scientists Said « NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT

OH SORRY for more scientific facts from the 70's by a little know obscure agency called N.A.S.A...TELL ME ONE MORE TIME.......no climatologists doing anything like that. WHAT PART OF ICE AGE DON'T you koolaid drinkers understand

Rasool and Schneider 1971

Rasool, S.I., and S.H. Schneider, 1971: Atmospheric carbon dioxide and aerosols: Effects of large increases on global climate. Science, 173, 138-141, doi:10.1126/science.173.3992.138.

Effects on the global temperature of large increases in carbon dioxide and aerosol densities in the atmosphere of Earth have been computed. It is found that, although the addition of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere does increase the surface temperature, the rate of temperature increase diminishes with increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. For aerosols, however, the net effect of increase in density is to reduce the surface temperature of Earth. Because of the exponential dependence of the backscattering, the rate of temperature decrease is augmented with increasing aerosol content. An increase by only a factor of 4 in global aerosol background concentration may be sufficient to reduce the surface temperature by as much as 3.5°K. If sustained over a period of several years, such a temperature decrease over the whole globe is believed to be sufficient to trigger an ice age.

Pubs.GISS: Rasool and Schneider 1971: Atmospheric carbon dioxide and aerosols: Effects of large increases...

/ Global Warming? #3,082  
Stephen Schneider (RIP) was a climatologist during the 1970's Ice Age scare.

Then again, it was also Stephen Schneider (RIP) that said the following:
On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. To do that we need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, means getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. This “double ethical bind” we frequently find ourselves in cannot be solved by any formula. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. I hope that means being both.

/ Global Warming? #3,083  
I feel really embarrassed for you Global Warming guys. Your getting hammered. Doesn't all this prove we shouldn't jump the gun.
Scientists always need something to hype about, otherwise they have really boring jobs.

Can you imagine looking at the same data day in and day out. After time you just change it up some. The ice age didn't catch on well lets see if global warming will catch on.............................

/ Global Warming? #3,084  
CHECK and MATE Gullible Warming nuts. 3082 posts and no one YET has proved how you can be in and ICE AGE and GLOBAL warming using the same data.
SUCKERS.

Oh what am I drinking, I'm drinking a hot fresh cup of COMMON SENSE, try it, you may just wake up from your Gullible Stupor.

I don't know what worse, a PAID UNIVERSITY Scientist saying the Globe will freeze, then the globe will catch fire, OR THE KOOLAID drinkers that believe him.

Ahhhhhhhh taking another sip of reality and common sense, try it.

/ Global Warming? #3,088  
Arguments I would like to see disappear as they have all been overused and way over distorted:

1. In the 70s scientists were predicting coolling - no they weren't a few popular press mags did but there were no climatologists doing anything like that. The argument has been debunked repeatedly even in this thread.
you know that's so much bullsh!t,!
Yes, I'm sure you would love for it to go away, but since it's true,it ain't going a place!

/ Global Warming? #3,089  
Hey, you cannot take away their favorite bogus dittohead arguments as they would have to actually read something other than denier blogs to do some research (or in Cat's case have an extra snort or three). Besides, you left out misquoting Feynman, the fact that the climate change has occurred before, the "fact" that there has been no warming in the past decade, that volcanos put out more CO2 than man, or my personal favorite that dinosaur farts changed the climate. Oh yeah, you also forgot all the pinko conspiracy stuff.

the "fact" that there has been no warming in the past decade
Actually it is 16+ years, but who's counting?

that volcanos put out more CO2 than man
There hasn't been a major volcano since 1992.

or my personal favorite that dinosaur farts changed the climate
Warmologists (that would include AGW True Believers), including the U.N. have said that, not skeptics.

Oh yeah, you also forgot all the pinko conspiracy stuff.
Hmm, I'm not sure which pinko conspiracy stuff you're referring to, but the BBC was caught red handed just recently conspiring to keep the names of their "climate change" committee secret. BTW, this was in the Climategate emails you say were "investigated". The BBC even paid six lawyers to keep it secret. ROFL
BREAKING: The ‘secret’ list of the BBC 28 is now public – let’s call it ‘TwentyEightGate’ | Watts Up With That?

On November 10, 2012:
When the Beeb refused to divulge who these people were and who they worked for, Newbery took the corporation to an information tribunal. Now the names and affiliations of the 28 people who decided the Beeb climate stance – acknowledged by the Corporation to include various non-scientists such as NGO people, activists etc – will remain a secret.

On November 12, 2012:
Now, thanks to the Wayback machine and Maurizio Morabito (omnologos) we can now read the list that the BBC fought to keep secret. [**** those mischevious bloggers ;-) ]

/ Global Warming? #3,090  
Why it will be reported 2012 was the hottest on record in the U.S.:
Smoking Gun That USHCN Adjustments Are Fraudulent | Real Science
The smoking gun is that their actual adjustments are much larger, are offset by 2.5 degrees, and that they increase exponentially after 1990 – instead of going flat as they claim.

The graph below shows the actual adjustments in blue, and the documented adjustments in red. They don’t even vaguely resemble each other. USHCN adjustments are being used as the basis of NOAA claims that 2012 is the hottest year ever – a claim which is not borne out by the temperature record.

Status
Not open for further replies.