Glodenrod Water Bloc question

/ Glodenrod Water Bloc question #1  

90cummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1720 SSS 4x4 Turbo Charged
I've a question about water bloc filters.
I made a filter assembly for my friend with a 10 micron spin-on filter and a water bloc filter because he recently filled his tractor with water contaminated fuel this summer.
Recently it has been around zero for a few days and he couldn't pump fuel from his barrel.
First I thought it may have been the water bloc so I removed it, still no flow.
Next I removed the spin-on filter emptied it and filled it with Power Service and reinstalled it, that fixed the problem.
The question I have is this, if the water bloc filter is restricted because of water will PS remove the water from the element and allow flow again or does it need to be replaced once exposed to water.
Thanks 90cummins

/ Glodenrod Water Bloc question #2  
PS and other diesel fuel additives typically have water dispersants in them ... using them with fuel that has a "water-block" filter element somewhere in the filtration chain renders the "water-block" portion of the filtration chain non-functional and ineffective.

So you really need to pick one solution or the other.

My original Goldenrod filter on my off-road diesel tank came with a water-block element ... I replaced it with a non water-block Goldenrod element ... ;)

/ Glodenrod Water Bloc question
Thanks;
Perhaps the water bloc should be used during the summer months when PS is not used and remove it during the winter because of the additive.
90cummins