Glow plug issue

/ Glow plug issue #1  

jhaulenbeek

Tractor
Mahindra 2638
Mahindra 2638, with brand new battery, turns over but won’t start because glow plugs don’t get hot. Glow plug dash indicator doesn’t light up.

/ Glow plug issue #2  
Got multimeter?.....Check to see if you are getting power to glow plugs, if not trace circuit back through any relays/switches/fuses till you find power, most likely problem is in general area where you first find power ... Wiring diagram for tractor will help....

/ Glow plug issue #3  
Do you have a fuse on your glow plug circuit? If that's good follow Wrangler's advice.

/ Glow plug issue #4  
There is a fuseable link that is attached to the glow plug bar, mine was on the first plug. Mine had intermittent power to the bar. There is a tab to unlock it and it wouldn't come off. After removing it from the post on the first plug, i would gat a hot reading with a test light and if it moved the light would go out. Its hard to see in the pic, but there was a little bit of melting on the plug/link. I replaced the fuseable link and she fired right up. It was $5 at the auto parts store
Mine is a 1526 but same issue. it was getting harder to start blowing white smoke and then it wouldn't start at all

Attachments

• 20221114_101343.jpg
    20221114_101343.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
   / Glow plug issue #5