Buying Advice Godspeed Texas

/ Godspeed Texas #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
To all our tractor driving Texan's,

Godspeed as Hurricane Harvey slams Texas. You're in our thoughts and prayers and we'll be here to help as you recover from the devastation of this immense Hurricane.

/ Godspeed Texas #2  
Praying for everyone in the path of Harvey and for the damage to be minimal. I'm 200 miles North of Houston, so we're only expecting to get some rain out of it. Nothing severe.

/ Godspeed Texas #3  
I live about 75 miles NW of the current location of the eye. The weather station just down the road reports 1.24" rain and peak gusts of 39 knots but I expect more rain and possibly higher wind gusts in the next few hours. I am more concerned about the barn and shed on my ranch, which is about 40 miles from the current location of the eye and directly inline with the storm path. The road into the ranch will likely be under water for a couple of days so it may be Wednesday or after before I can get out there.

/ Godspeed Texas #4  
I live about 75 miles NW of the current location of the eye. The weather station just down the road reports 1.24" rain and peak gusts of 39 knots but I expect more rain and possibly higher wind gusts in the next few hours. I am more concerned about the barn and shed on my ranch, which is about 40 miles from the current location of the eye and directly inline with the storm path. The road into the ranch will likely be under water for a couple of days so it may be Wednesday or after before I can get out there.

That puts you in the Coastal Plains: Flat land, better if loamy rather than the Houston Black Clay that frequents much of the area down there......poor percolation.

Got any cattle or crop that is in harm's way at your place? Doesn't sound good for a farmer-rancher if the weatherman is half way correct on this. It's bad enough for it being close enough to the Gulf to dip into the moist Gulf air and swing it around inland but sitting in one spot or maybe following the latest path I saw on NOAA weather channel, where it's going to do a 360 and come back headed for Houston...... that could really be bad news. Hope the best for you and yours.

/ Godspeed Texas #5  
To all our tractor driving Texan's,

Godspeed as Hurricane Harvey slams Texas. You're in our thoughts and prayers and we'll be here to help as you recover from the devastation of this immense Hurricane.

As far as known so far the loss of life has been very low for the physical property damage. We are thankful for that. Rough next few days expected.

TBS

/ Godspeed Texas #6  
That puts you in the Coastal Plains: Flat land, better if loamy rather than the Houston Black Clay that frequents much of the area down there......poor percolation.

Got any cattle or crop that is in harm's way at your place? Doesn't sound good for a farmer-rancher if the weatherman is half way correct on this. It's bad enough for it being close enough to the Gulf to dip into the moist Gulf air and swing it around inland but sitting in one spot or maybe following the latest path I saw on NOAA weather channel, where it's going to do a 360 and come back headed for Houston...... that could really be bad news. Hope the best for you and yours.

Well today's forcast is that the eye stopped so it's just sitting still pumping moisture into the state. Bad news!

Something all of you may want to think about. This baby has covered most of the Texas and now into the Louisiana coastal areas. What area of the nation contains the majority of the petroleum refineries?????? What's located along the Houston Ship Channel??????? Refineries and Petro-chemical plants.

Results of this sucker will be felt by all of us for a long time! Expect significant price increases in the near future if they haven't already started.

/ Godspeed Texas #7  
I have friends just outside of Austin that is saying they have received 16 1/2 inches so far.

/ Godspeed Texas #8  
Were pull hard for you folks...stay/be safe.

/ Godspeed Texas #9  
We up here in upstate New York have out Texas friends in our daily prayers!
DevilDog

/ Godspeed Texas #10  
I am located 100 miles East of Houston (Vidor Texas) We have already had 10 Tornado warnings Flash Flood warnings and
approximately 8-10 inches of rain with expectation of 10 to 25 inches more. It looks like it is gonna be here awhile. My poor Chickens have turned into Ducks.