Snow Going through second stage bolts

/ Going through second stage bolts #11  
My front mount blower has different shear bolts for the impeller vs the auger. My old dealer said there isn't much difference as the are the same size. I continued to shear pins about 6 a season. My current dealer said kubota has 2 part numbers for a reason. I have not sheared any since. Same driveway and same blower.

/ Going through second stage bolts #12  
It doesn't take much gravel to shear a pin in my experience, but then again, the last time I ran a snow blower was about 25 years ago back when I lived in New England. Had gravel driveways in both CT and VT, and in both cases small pieces of gravel could jam an auger or impeller enough to shear a pin. I think it's a bit of a random thing, since I also saw plenty of gravel come out the chute that did not result in a sheared pin. Just depends on how much clearance there is around the rotating parts to see if it can possibly happen.

I would suggest getting the parts diagram for the blower and make sure you have the right pins for both auger and impeller. I do remember them being different on the machines I ran, most likely because there were different diameters and speeds, so obviously the torque that can shear the auger is different than what could shear the impeller. It would be rare I'd think for both parts to use the same exact pins.

/ Going through second stage bolts #13  
My front mount blower has different shear bolts for the impeller vs the auger. My old dealer said there isn't much difference as the are the same size. I continued to shear pins about 6 a season. My current dealer said kubota has 2 part numbers for a reason. I have not sheared any since. Same driveway and same blower.

And you can bet money the 2 shear bolts ARE supposed to be different sizes -- close but not the same. One was loose in the hole and shearing all the time. Your current dealer is the one to listen to.

/ Going through second stage bolts
The snowblower is a 2782. Attached are photos of it as well as the bolts that I got from the dealer. I filled the gearbox as suggested. It was maybe 25% down. The fan spins really freely when there is no shear bolt in, and the shear bolt fits really tight. Let me know if you see anything wrong. 20161204_091910.jpg20161204_092028.jpg

/ Going through second stage bolts #15  
Hmm...1/4" grade 8 shear bolts. interesting

/ Going through second stage bolts #16  
You can cause shear bolts to break by installing them too tight which pre-stresses them. Engaging the fan at high RPM also puts extra stress on them. A lot of two stage blowers which have the two shear pins, one on the fan drive and one for the auger, all the stress for driving both is initially going thru the smaller fan shear bolt. You should also check for something binding in the auger area in this case [ chain/gearbox/auger itself/etc] .

/ Going through second stage bolts #18  
I always like to use graded bolts for shear pins on my blower.
Too soft and they fold or tear rather than shear while graded make a nice clean cut and drive out easily.
The softer ones actually need a drift punch to extract plus they just don't last.
I have used graded for about 7 years with no damage at all to augers of fan plus I also run my blower at 700 RPM rather than the lower 500 as I have 3 speed PTO, the 500 just will not throw snow far enough while the 7xx is just nice.

Note however my blower is 3 bladed fan type and as such not best performer but it is what I have.
Whenever I shear a fan shear bolt it generally is from a fist sized stone getting jammed in a fan blade usually from city plow having stones in the sander and ending up in my drive entrance.

/ Going through second stage bolts #19  
Those look like the correct shear bolts for the blower.

I also have the B2782 blower.

The dealer gave me a bag of each at delivery,1/4 grade 8 for the fan and 5/16 grade 5 with a groove for the auger.

They're a Kubota/New Holland dealer so I got the NH part numbers.

Blowers for both are from RAD in Quebec.

Good Luck!

/ Going through second stage bolts #20  
The only time I sheared a bolt (auger) was when I hit a concrete block. I have never sheared the other bolt.