Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get?

/ Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get? #11  
Good call on the 5 footer. I got the 6 and it’s a lot for 30 HP

/ Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get? #12  
I have the EFG-175, 68". Run it behind my Kioti 3510, just under 30 HP on the PTO. Been 3 years, no problems. Haven't even cooked the belts once. Mostly grass, up to 2 ft. and some small brush, never had it bog down. Just watch out for rocks, they will break hammers. Only thing I don't like is the protection around the roller zerks is small, can't use the lock n lube on them.

/ Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get?
I kept wanting to go for the 68 inch but I want to run on my 3032E and my 3038E so best to paly it safe I guess!
It's probably going to do more time on the 3032E and that is 25 PTO HP so I think the difference in size isn't a game changer anyway.

60" Heavy Duty Flail Mower, FH-EFGC155 has been ordered! They are having a 15%-20% off sale depending on the item.
15% off on the flail is a great savings.
Now we see how long I have to wait!

/ Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get? #15  
I'm going to mainly be doing grassy fields and may encounter sticks and other debris.
I've read that the hammer flails will cut grass just as good as the other type but hold up better.
I have a retired ancient beat to hell Ford 917 wits side slicers & a new heavy Peruzzo Brush Bull with 5lbs hammers that are as sharp as my fingers (not very). I really don't notice any cut quality differences is field & pasture mowing. Hammers do WAY better on on up to wrist size brush. Side slicers only cut up to finger sized brush. You'd think thin metal knives would cut better than a dull hammer, but I can't tell a difference. Probably a difference on a lawn, but I don't have (or want) one of those.

I have a retired ancient beat to hell Ford 917 wits side slicers & a new heavy Peruzzo Brush Bull with 5lbs hammers that are as sharp as my fingers (not very). I really don't notice any cut quality differences is field & pasture mowing. Hammers do WAY better on on up to wrist size brush. Side slicers only cut up to finger sized brush. You'd think thin metal knives would cut better than a dull hammer, but I can't tell a difference. Probably a difference on a lawn, but I don't have (or want) one of those.
I have a Ford 917L with new side slicers and it does an ok job in light grass. I hit a 2" X 1 foot log, hardly a log, and it bent two knives. Now it leaves a streak!

/ Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get? #17  
60" Heavy Duty Flail Mower, FH-EFGC155 has been ordered! They are having a 15%-20% off sale depending on the item.
15% off on the flail is a great savings.
Now we see how long I have to wait!
They usually ship from stock and they were loaded the last time I was there.

The new flail has shipped! Now we wait for the call for delivery!

/ Going To Buy A New Flail - What To Get? #20  
I need to get one soon myself. The Woodmaxx FM-78 is 2909.00 and the Betstco FH-EFGC 77 is 2665.00. So both units are not that far apart in pricing. Hum.... B.