Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #1  

Pete6114

Gold Member
Tractor
F2690(Sold) GR2120(Sold) L3240(sold) B1700(sold)
After it was delivered, i checked Tire pressures, fluid levels, adjusted the deck to my liking and made sure all is good. I then put it to work and man oh man.....what a Animal!
I love this mower, It's seat, cut quality and power. Just have to remember to be careful when i get close to something and watch the back end when turning!!!!
The Snow blower will be installed after cutting season ends by the dealer, who will pick it up and bring it back.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #2  
That's a beauty for sure!!!! How is the ride? Can you get to everything as easily as you could with a zero turn? I'd love to hear the pros and cons as you use it for comparison.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690
That's a beauty for sure!!!! How is the ride? Can you get to everything as easily as you could with a zero turn? I'd love to hear the pros and cons as you use it for comparison.
Ride is very good. Longer wheelbase then the GR, but i have to give most of the credit to the suspension seat. It has the reclining feature and even lumbar adjustment. Springs can be dialed in for the operators weight. Basically a machine that is build for professionals that spend a lot more time on it then i ever will.
I can get under trees further, saving me from having to use my push mower in a lot of places, but i never had a zero-turn and cant do a comparison to one. It is however louder then the GR was. Not loud enough that one should use hearing protection, but since i have a box of ear-plugs, i'll be using them next time i cut.
Love having the deck up front, and being able to flip the deck up for cleaning is super. Love it!
Already started working on a trailer hitch, but am still at the design stage.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #4  
Congratulations Pete. I'm envious, that machine looks good and sounds comfortable.

How is it for trimming around trees, flower beds and other obstacles compared to the G2120?

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690
Congratulations Pete. I'm envious, that machine looks good and sounds comfortable.

How is it for trimming around trees, flower beds and other obstacles compared to the G2120?
Thanks Moosetracker.
I can get as close to everything as with the GR, but.....I really have to watch the back end when i'm close to a wall or tree, and want to turn, since the back end swings out. Definitely something to be aware of!
When cutting around my trees in the GR, all i had to watch out for is my head and lost my baseball cap a few times when i didnt duck enough. I keep the ROPS folded down and am getting very close to some branches. Might end up takeing them off.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #6  
What a great looking machine Pete, congrats again... you'll enjoy the ease of this machine and best in class visibility with the front deck design.
I ride mine (F3680) with a gut support belt and hook-up the seat belt too. I find that I can handle the bumps more easily and the seat is way is a superior one... much better than the seat on my B7800...
As for noise, I leave the cab doors on all year, this amplifies mower deck sound pressure levels significantly so that I have to wear ear protection ...

Dan

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #7  
:cool2: Welcome aboard the F world. I've added a Z or two but still have the F3080. Great machines. Get you a Sony Walkman with ear bud headphones and add some great 60s and Christian tunes and you won't hear any noise. :D:thumbsup:

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #8  
With a Kubota front-mount, what is the process for tilting the deck up for removing the blades and cleaning under the deck? Is it powered or manual? Easy or difficult?

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #9  
With a Kubota front-mount, what is the process for tilting the deck up for removing the blades and cleaning under the deck? Is it powered or manual?
Manual.

asy or difficult?
There is a process of moving a couple of pins, and a couple of simple one person steps to follow and then lift the front end of the deck up which is not for a wimp. A friend with a bit of strength to help with the lifting helps but I have usually done it by myself. Follow the steps and lift is pretty well it.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #10  
Would like to see the Blower on that. Maybe get a Tufff Top on that for the sun.Is that all wheel drive??