Good day on the tractor!

/ Good day on the tractor! #1  

IndyIan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
IMG_2241.jpg

I'm prepping the area for tree planting next spring. It took quite a while as I had to drive straight up and down to keep upright, and I had to skim the bucket to find the rocks and old ground hog humps. But I got it done with only a few dirt mowing incidents and not breaking a shear pin.:cool2:
Some parts were so steep that I kept an eye on the oil pressure light and a foot over the brakes in case the HST started sucking air, but didn't have a problem. My abs actually were a bit sore at the end of the day, just from leaning forward all the time.:laughing: I should probably do more sit ups too...

Also I had a good test of my new 5' Braber/Agriease brush mower. 1" is what the manual says its good for but it had no issues with 2" sumacs, but they are pretty soft. The mower is simple/crude design but the welds on the deck looked as good or better than some that cost twice as much and its made with some pretty heavy side panels. I was debating for a long time between a $1600 6' Walco made in Canada or this chinese "junk" one for $750, but I'm thinking of cutting off one side to try doing some loose hay next year, so I didn't want to buy a nice one and not want to hack it up. Mostly I'll be doing grass trails and I'll be storing it outside so the the cheap one seemed "good enough".
IMG_2245.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good day on the tractor! #3  
Wow that looks like a lot of work! You got the machine to do it with though. Nice photos. Thanks for posting. Enjoyed seeing them.

/ Good day on the tractor! #4  
Great photos -- thanks for posting!!

Based on your thread title, I was going to add that every day on a tractor is a great day. But upon reflection, that may not be the case if something expensive breaks.:)

Steve

/ Good day on the tractor! #5  
Great pictures, and some fantastic land. Hills never look as steep in a picture as they really are. I will be in the tree planting business this winter as well. I have been raising a couple hundred Sawtooth oaks and some persimmons to plant on my hunting land, which is old farmland. I have tried to prepare the area, like you, for the planting in Jan or Feb. But what I did was to just cut strips where the trees will be planted. I also sprayed these strips, but left the pasture growth elsewhere. Not sure how it will work.

/ Good day on the tractor! #6  
IMG_2241.jpg

I'm prepping the area for tree planting next spring. It took quite a while as I had to drive straight up and down to keep upright, and I had to skim the bucket to find the rocks and old ground hog humps. But I got it done with only a few dirt mowing incidents and not breaking a shear pin.:cool2:
Some parts were so steep that I kept an eye on the oil pressure light and a foot over the brakes in case the HST started sucking air, but didn't have a problem. My abs actually were a bit sore at the end of the day, just from leaning forward all the time.:laughing: I should probably do more sit ups too...

Also I had a good test of my new 5' Braber/Agriease brush mower. 1" is what the manual says its good for but it had no issues with 2" sumacs, but they are pretty soft. The mower is simple/crude design but the welds on the deck looked as good or better than some that cost twice as much and its made with some pretty heavy side panels. I debating for a long time between a $1600 6' Walco made in Canada or this chinese "junk" one for $750, but I'm thinking of cutting off one side to try doing some loose hay next year, so I didn't want to buy a nice one and not want to hack it up. Mostly I'll be doing grass trails and I'll be storing it outside so the the cheap one seemed "good enough".
IMG_2245.jpg

Did you know there is a special thread call Todays Seat Time located at
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/118658-todays-seat-time.html ?

You should post your post there too so all the tracror activity can be easier to find in one place rather than searching all over the place for it.

/ Good day on the tractor!
Did you know there is a special thread call Todays Seat Time located at
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/118658-todays-seat-time.html ?

You should post your post there too so all the tracror activity can be easier to find in one place rather than searching all over the place for it.
I thought about that but then I thought the Kioti forum could use a positive story! No injector pump failures or any other problems for this one atleast. Actually I did notice my dealer installed battery had a little leak when I was cleaning out the screens, so I got a free replacement as it was just inside one year, so that was good too.