Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,231  
Did anyone else use to play army as a kid and use the dried brown pods as grenades, by pulling off the stem to arm them?
Wngsprd, We did not use Magnolia pods, we used BB guns and bottle rockets, surprised any of us can see today. Very realistic of war and glad the Vietnam draft was stopped during my senior year in high school. I had paper route and delivered the afternoon newspaper. The headlines daily reported how many died the previous day in Vietnam. I felt like those lyrics in American Pie:
"But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step"

Good morning! 69˚F heading to the mid 80s, cloudy. Knee is rested and feels better but I do not like this restrictive lifestyle and will see about getting it fixed and maybe set a date for surgery later this week. Hospitals are getting fewer covid patients so rooms should be opening up.
LS will you be on a disability pension?

/ Good morning!!!! #140,232  
good morning all.
Yes Mostly, yesterday was a lot, maybe too much as I woke up tired.
Might pass on church this morning. Back hurts from uncomfortable chairs at my brother's home; great for regular backs,
not enough lower back support for us with bad backs. I should have asked for another pillow...

Mostly perhaps whispering to Mrs Santa about a GoPro will solve that. But I guess that's more weight on top of your head.

Phil, you don't work in the snow?

more coffee, today I have to finish cleaning the house for guests next week. These old friends from Delaware stayed in the guest stateroom on my big boat
quite a few times, they are used to small spaces. And since my guest bedroom now is decorated all in boat pics, they will have fun seeing the pic of my last boat in the
Chesapeake as we were entering Still Pond and the picture taking helicopter zoomed by. They are sitting up on the flybridge and I know they remember the moment.
This pic is blown up and framed to about a 2x3 foot size so you can look into it and really feel like one is there. I was just coming down off plane and slowing down.
Good memories. 46 Bertram, 16 beam, 25 tons, a wonderful old boat. In bad weather I'd be coming up the Cheasapeake heading for home at the far end of the Sassafras River
and I'd have five to ten small boats following me as I smoothed out the chop. I could only do 16 knots but in nasty weather, no one can go fast anyway.
35 gallons an hour simply became unaffordable. When I bought this boat diesel was .73 a gallon.

When you go from .5 mpg to 6-9mpg in a RV it seems ever so much more efficient...but nothing is like being out on the water.
There is a feeling of freedom that is hard to match.

Bill, hang on to that snow please. Good luck with hydraulics. I fussed with the ones on my Kubota and accomplished nothing.

Nice Bertie Drew! I almost bought a Moppie once.
This is a stock picture of a Donzi Z-25, exactly like mine, many years of great fun. All my pictures are on 35 mm film. I’ll convert a couple of action shots sometime so I can post them.
View attachment 718126

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #140,234  
Roy, are the additional remotes for something that tilts, like Top N Tilt?
You already have a rear snowblower so wondering what you are working on.
I never got very good using a hydraulically angled rear blade on the farm but it was fun trying, and I made
a few little waterways with it.
The one remote is used for the blower's chute rotation.
My main reason for adding other remotes is for a ditch bank mower:
Other implements too, of course. But the offset mower would be right handy, especially with a cab tractor (and that very expensive glass!!). And, if I wanted to add hydraulic system to the snow blower deflector, that could be considered too.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,235  
Good Morning!!!! 54F @ 5:00AM. A wind driven heavy rain. Potential for flooding rains. High around 60F. Winds SSE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 3 to 5 inches of rain expected.
How's that for a forecast? Been waiting a long time for one like it. This storm rolled in at about 3PM yesterday, and so far has dumped almost an inch of rain. About an hour ago the wind picked up and the rain rate increased along with it, so no telling how long the internet will stay up. Lots of yellow and orange on the radar map, all of it headed this way. 👍

Porch looks nice, Phil. Gonna put a roof over it?

Seems like we went from summer directly to winter here, too, Bill. We need the rain, but I enjoy the mild temperatures and sunshine of fall, too, and we've only had a taste of that so far.

330 pounds of fertilizer is a lot, RS. No complaining if you end up cutting grass all winter, OK?:oops:😄

Kind of a slow day yesterday. The house had cooled off enough to light the wood stove again in the morning, and I ended up doing paperwork for a while. The mailman left one of those class action documents again, this time for some merger shenanigans related to Allergen in 2015. Took about an hour to pull the documentation together to complete a claim, and I might get as much as forty bux back, depending on how many join the suit.

Found an old DVD that shows how to overhaul a BMW motorcycle transmission, so watched most of it. The guy doing the work sure liked his hammer, enough to make me cringe a few times. But it did show me I'm on the right track with the one I have apart.

Decided to solve my Dreamweaver problem by running it under a virtual machine from VMWare. They have a free license for non-commercial use, so I downloaded a fresh copy of the latest version this morning, but still have some work to do to find the free license key on their website. They don't make it easy.

Not sure what the day will bring, but it probably involves more housework and a bit of cooking. For sure not gonna be outside with this rain, except maybe to peek in on the bucket in the van.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of thier weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,236  
Roy, you are going to have one amazing tractor when you are done.
adding remote operation of snowblower is a great idea and probably almost
required for the ditch bank mower.

The ditches in NC I had to mow near used to scare the heck out of me. I hated that tilted over feeling and visions
of winding up on roof as I rolled over (yes like I did when I was 16 in a car...some memories don't go away)
even seeing the inclinometer reading not exceed 15 degrees still didn't help. Having a side mower like that means you can keep the tractor
a lot more level and let the hydraulics adjust to the slope, not the tractor. That sounds a lot safer to me.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,237  
Good afternoon, rain shower just chased us inside after moving more rocks from the new garden. Can't be much more than a ton left to move.

I was being sarcastically excited
:), now I understand !

Our most popular scam call/text at the moment is to say you have missed a parcel delivery. Police have been slow to react to such scams in the past, at last they seem to be making a more determined effort.

Billy forgot to mention Publishers Clearing House most "endearing" quirk, Eric. Once your name makes it into their system, you'll receive an infuriating barrage of flyers, emails, and even phone calls harassing you to enter their contests. 🤬
We used to get that a lot, now it is only spammers who risk it, in the last couple of years legitimate businesses have stopped all that thanks to new privacy laws that has them in fear of being hung, drawn and quartered (ok, a slight exaggeration, the potential fines really are eye watering though - "up to £17.5 million or 4% of the total annual worldwide turnover in the preceding financial year, whichever is higher")

Mostly, real nice of your friend to give you that monitor.

LS, congrats on your pending retirement.
In a way your accident has already got you over the worst part of retirement, where you miss out on that regular contact with the people you work with.
Now you have 2 more months to practice for the real thing :)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,238  
49F and cloudy @ 09:45, supposedly heading up to a high of 59F. Rain coming in later, maybe around 15:00 or so.

If that ends up being the case, it will be good: gives me some time to get more plants in the ground ... :giggle:

Once the rain arrives I'll switch over to inside mode and see if I can get some more cleaning done.

In the meantime though I'll dole out the meds for this coming week and see if I can't get the new laces and insoles installed in my (newer) work boots.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,239  
Good Morning!!!! 54F @ 5:00AM. A wind driven heavy rain. Potential for flooding rains. High around 60F. Winds SSE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 3 to 5 inches of rain expected.
How's that for a forecast? Been waiting a long time for one like it. This storm rolled in at about 3PM yesterday, and so far has dumped almost an inch of rain. About an hour ago the wind picked up and the rain rate increased along with it, so no telling how long the internet will stay up. Lots of yellow and orange on the radar map, all of it headed this way. 👍

About time eh ?

;)

330 pounds of fertilizer is a lot, RS.

It sure felt like it when I was loading the spreader ... :LOL:

Seriously though: 330 lbs ÷ roughly 100,000 sq. ft. only equals about 3.3 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft ... which is less than the suggested application rate.

No complaining if you end up cutting grass all winter, OK?:oops:😄

Well, NOAA is saying that it's supposed to be warmer and wetter than normal here this winter.

If it stays warm enough for the grass to keep growing all winter long, I'd sure take that ... although I have been looking forward to some respite from the fuel bill.

Glad you are finally getting some rain, hope there isn't much (if any) in the van bucket ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,240  
Thomas - glad to hear you are doing better, hope meds resolve it quickly.

Buppies - hope you follow suit in short order ... (y)