Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,401  
I've learned the hard way that having a hard and level surface is key to easy dismount and mount of the FEL. I've had it off both tractors, and since surfaces here are neither hard or level, so now try to avoid messing with the FEL at almost all costs.

I keep my tractor inside on a concrete floor, and if the loader is detached, I still park it in position in the loader frame so I can mount the loader without even getting in the tractor, just open the door and reach inside to start it and work the loader control. If I parked outside on uneven ground, I would have a completely different view.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,402  
Good Morning.
It’s 55 and just might make it to 70 today.

Yesterday was similar, a good day to work outside. I helped a friend replace the sewer line from his house to the street, got to add a new machine to grandson’s experience.

IMG_6800.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

He was not happy when his mom took him home before we were finished.

IMG_6818.jpg

But while he was there, he had a great time, and so did I. When I got home, we got into the tractor and mowed for a few hours, he was a very happy boy. Even helped me scrape the bottoms of the mower decks.

Today, I’ve got to go to the battery distributor, I’ve got a U100 sized battery that sits in a shed on a battery Minder that works the controls for transfer switches in my house and shop. It also runs the 12v pump on my diesel tank. When I went to fuel the tractor is when I discovered that it was dead. I think it was close to 10 years old, so I can’t complain. However when I pulled the 3 month old one out of my engine driven welder to use that one, I discovered it was bad as well. Hopefully that one will be a warranty replacement.

Other than pressure washing the Lazer that I got all muddy mowing when it was too wet, I’ll take the rest of the day as it comes.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,403  
View attachment 747544

Extremely handy. One of the huge benefits is the ability to make the connection even if there is pressure in any of the lines. No need to grab a hammer and a rag to relieve it. It has 8 connectors, so it does the four for the loader, 2 for the third function, and a pair left over. My dealer didn’t know that it existed, but I saw it as an option when I ordered the tractor, and was insistent that I wanted it. After seeing it, they now sell a lot of them.

That’s easily retro fitted, I don’t know the cost but it’s worth a lot in saved effort.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,404  
Yes, I think so...and school resource officers...armed
I know this will make some "social justice" activists piss their panties...but, IMHO, that's tough ****.
The school district about 20 miles south of us, has allowed teachers to be armed....and they post BIG signs out front.

Schools could build special entries for kids, but would also have to buttress the exits to prevent entry.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,405  
Morning all, hazy going to 72 and not rain til Friday.
Might be able to get the tractor out into the lower field, fingers crossed.

Mostly - hope you find the no-start issue with the boat.

Day job calling.

stay safe and be well,
Rhodo20220524_113325.jpg

Iris20220524_111833.jpg

20220525_065055.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #150,406  
62F and "Fair" @ 09:00, heading up to a high of around 76F. Winds seem pretty calm at the moment.

Calling for occasional showers this afternoon. In fact, WU radar is showing a small (stationary) cell just up the road a piece ... hard to imagine as I sit here with the sun streaming in the window. Might just be AP though.

Hopper feeder needs filled as do two suet feeders. But I'm in the process of relocating the pole for the suet feeders so those will have to wait until I get that done.

Seedlings got left out last night and they are in the sun at the moment so they will need watered in fairly short order.

The first squash seeds I planted several weeks ago in 4" square pots are getting fairly large. Some of them have multiple plants in a single pot, so I'm going to try and get those split up and repotted today into the larger 6" pots.

Have started incorporating Miracle-Gro into the watering scheme for the seedlings.

Get the frame for the 55G drum finished for the Water Buffalo and get the chop saw moved back inside and the radial arm saw covered up.

Finish mowing down here around the house.

And see about making some progress on the mulching as well.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Hump Day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,407  
The school district about 20 miles south of us, has allowed teachers to be armed....and they post BIG signs out front.

Schools could build special entries for kids, but would also have to buttress the exits to prevent entry.
Think any teachers are armed? My guess is, none...
And, if teachers aren't willing to be armed, then a school resource officer has to be hired

/ Good morning!!!! #150,408  
Wow I thought this thread was a politics free zone!

Enjoy :)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,410  

We have armed guards at banks, airports, border crossings, and many other places. Our children are more precious than diamonds; why not protect them the same way?