Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,771  
Today dad turned 99
IMG_8313.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #166,772  
Good afternoon. It is above freezing, around 37 or so, and it is going to stay above freezing during the day and then down below freezing each night until at least April 6. (Will probably meet the maple syrup guys happy!)

So, the driveway will definitely be slippery, and it is all wet ice right now. That is going to make it difficult to get out and also difficult for my weekend guests to get in. Fortunately, the road in front of the driveway has all kinds of sand left over from the winter, so I can just take the square-mouth shovel and throw a bunch of it on the ice.

Meanwhile, I had to take the ATV down to the dealer yesterday so that they could program new keys to replace the one that I lost on the snow. Cost me $260 for the two of them, including the key and programming. (Not bad, I suppose. It was over $400 for my F1 50 spare Key.)

Fortunately, they could program the new keys while the ATV was still strapped down onto the trailer, which was very convenient. But then, when I got home, the front cover of the little storage compartment wasn’t there. The guy had it off in order to plug-in his computer to the ATV, and I guess he didn’t put it back firmly enough. So now they had to order me a new cover.

Back down to the basement today to finish the boxing in of the ductwork in the bsmt. Living room/dining room, kitchen area, so the electrician can come in and do his thing. Ordered the new kitchen from IKEA, and Wife Is already picked up the first installment and will be bringing it up this weekend.

Another big job will be doing the bsmt floor, and I really decided to use the dry core product that is made up of tongue and groove 2‘ x 2‘ pieces with the plastic dimpled membrane on the back. Then vinyl on top. Should make for a very warm kitchen floor. The neighbor used it and he loves it.

Have a good day, everyone!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,776  
Outstanding to your dad BEF...give gentleman hand shake and BIG thank you.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,777  
40F light rain falling.

Just long @ss day at work...inventory and state inspector show up but all done and good,got home got light butt chewing for 17 hour work day. 🙄

Plans for the evening...nope.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,778  
my day improved, guy who sold me the rv asked me to check on a few things. Seems slide will not work without parking brake on. Sigh.
so now I have a little more room.

have a school board finance meeting in a few hours on zoom.

That’s what I was going to suggest. They do that so side cannot move out while driving down road.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,780  
Good morning, low temperature is 36 and the high going to 43°F. Wind SW 8 mph. Periods of rain or drizzle this morning then 40% chance of rain this afternoon.

Today is dump and town run, I think a trip to Sundridge is in order to wash the salt and crud off the Dodge.

Two winters ago I acquired two kittens one orange and white and the other one gray and black. Last spring they were both castrated/fixed or whatever you want to call it, they didn't think they needed fixing as they weren't broken. Last winter in the middle of a cold snap the orange one decided to take a powder for 3 days and came home a very cold kittie. Since then he has hung fairly close to the house. Well yesterday his brother did the same thing, at 9 this morning he will have been gone for 24 hours. I hope he is sleeping off the effects of a fat mouse or rabbit, but I am also realistic and realize that house cats are at or near the bottom of the food chain and we have wolves, coyotes, foxes, fishers, owls, eagles and hawks. All will take a house cat for a lunch.

Breakfast time, have a safe day all

Ay least you don’t have crocagators to worry about - when we had our place in Florida, that was a constant worry with our dogs, even on the leash!